Lockjack SRT??

Ian Flatters

TreeHouser
Well a lot of people said that this setup wouldnt work or be dangerous as the Lockjack would easily sever the rope from a drop due to its bend ratio

We did some tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo-vh3dFt-0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fo-vh3dFt-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wondered when you'd crop up here trying to garner sympathy Ian.
Only jokin mate! I'll have to look later on the Mac as its not viewable on my iPhone.

Thanks for taking the time, not only doing the tests but posting them over here. It is often quite enlightening when viewing actual field test results and how they compare to preconceived opinions.

Dave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for taking the time, not only doing the tests but posting them over here. It is often quite enlightening when viewing actual field test results and how they compare to preconceived opinions.

Dave

I really thought a 6ft drop with that weight was going to do some damage, like sever the line. We also set the drop off center as most falls are off limbs so we added a bit of pendulum. Im currently putting together the other footage we got from the ground and working out the stop vs human body.

Viewed it now Ian. Thats Surprising. I really expected Lockjack damage and severe rope glazing or worse. I'm also surprised the RW didn't get twisted during some of the free fall tests although I suppose that could still happen if the RW happened to be in the 'right' position.
Good tests.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Viewed it now Ian. Thats Surprising. I really expected Lockjack damage and severe rope glazing or worse. I'm also surprised the RW didn't get twisted during some of the free fall tests although I suppose that could still happen if the RW happened to be in the 'right' position.
Good tests.

That was mine and dans exact train of thought before the test. all kit would pass loler!!

Back