Lightweight ground saw?

This little guy 39cc is in the 9lb range PHO and a clamshell. But runs great. Came with 325 20", but I just switched it to 12" 3/8LP stihl PS chain.

Took it on trade when I got out of chainsaw racing.

The red-orange echo 4500 45cc in pic too, heavier like a OE 346 in weight and feel and same in the cut. Is metal pro grade build. Thats a nice saw but to heavy for his wish list.

Matter fact had 2 of them = grey 3900. Sold one to a friend.
Then I got the 3rd one in that lost a battle with a tree.

echoo45003900 002.jpg 2nd3900 001.JPG 3900partssaw 001.JPG

Maybe I'm a pro saw snob...but I wouldn't spend money on an Echo saw, ever. EVER.

Not everyone can afford a Jaguar when they first start driving.;)

I've always bought pro work stuff, pays in the long run.

I bought that little Echo just to try it, but after using 200's for so long it just sat on the shelf for years, never bothered about it until the 150 thread. I use it quite often now.

That's a good point. Starting off with consumer grade and then later moving up to pro user stuff, one does better appreciate the difference.

My first encounter with limiter caps was on an Echo. :|:

Try as they might so far unless it's computer operated they haven't been successful at making a tamper proof fuel delivery system on any thing .For that matter even if it does use a computor type system with some tenacity those can be retuned .

I never tried echo till they were being traded in. Thought hmmm some of them arent all bad. Which is cool with me because I can sell the same size stihl for 4x as much and still use the echo or poulan to cut wood with. ;)

Thats why I have a saying, stihls are for selling. :P

I did take a newer stihl on trade for a older poulan the other day. :O
Amazing what moving up 25cc's can do for a guy bucking up 200 trees. :|:

I've got one little tiny Echo my bud Tom went in the tree biz with .That and a Sears /Poulan 50 some cc and a 250 dollar Chevy pick up truck .

For only around 1.9 cubic inches it's really not that bad .It certainly is not a 200T though .

Husky 346's will live in my mind as incredible light weight ground saws. Those buggers are plain nasty and are so darn light and nimble.

No brand bias here. :/:

These were the fastest strongest worksaws of my bunch, not including the racesaws ( best RS's not in pic). These were work saws except for 3 racesaws that are in this pic.

zzzzgtgdirtydoz.jpg

Butch refresh my fibble brain on how to embed videos here from youtube?

I wanted to show a surprise I had on stock porting of 65cc 67cc saws I tested with same chains.

Does Butch know? ;)

In the first white box below the video, find SHARE, and Click. Find EMBED, click. Blue highlighted box, COPY. Come to the TH, PASTE.

Said another way...

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button - a embed button will appear underneath/to the left.
3) Scroll down and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button - a embed button will appear underneath/to the left.
3) Scroll down and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

Is that sticky-ed somewhere?

I think that some how-to's for new and old would go a long way.

-The New Posts/ Unread Posts links
-how to post an image by wrapping with tags (I recently learned)
-how to embed a video
-how to post a picture (this would help with people's ideas where they can hand draw an image, take a picture, then upload, as Peter did of his stump grinder break.
-how to take a screenshot
-etc.

treebuzz had a sticky about how to search on any particular site using a regular search engine, because the old TB Search Engine didn't work well. I can't find it

A basic format, like

rigging rings site:treebuzz

but that's not it, or it doesn't work that way anymore. I didn't work just now, for some unknown reason

Thanks. I'll try again. I gave up about a month ago trying to show some videos.

I just cant remember chit anymore.

Back