lift all booms

thattreeguy

TreeHouser
found 1 for sale
i think it was a 96, ford, turbo diesel

lift all over center boom, being gone over...i think for only nickle and dime stuff
no certs
last ones were in 2010
$16,500

how are the lift-all booms, i think its the only one i havenot operated

its under mitry construction redding ca

opinions welcome

I don't have any experience with lift all, but I will say that I steered clear of them just because it seemed like dealers were fewer and further in between. I went on their website and I couldn't find a dealer locater, maybe I just couldn't find it, but it should be easy for people to find. The last boom I had was a Teeco, which I think is out of business, and it was a PITA to find parts. I didn't want to have to go through something like that again.

EDIT: Did Altec purchase Lift-All? If so, then what I wrote above probably doesn't have much relevance and parts & service shouldn't be a big problem.

Tom had a little 42 or 45 foot lift -all on a one ton Chevy .The danged thing was wibbley wobbley because of the method used for the basket pivot .In addition the upper boom would fill you full of glass splinters because it need a coating of jell coat .

In addition the damned thing used pilot duty low pressure hydraulics to control the control valves that invaribley blew the plastic lines apart .I installed another pressure regulator to isolate that portion of the system with partial success .I can only assume that problem could have been addressed on later models but really don't know .

Kind of comical .It had a Chevy 292 in line 6 the water pump was bad in .Couldn't find a water pump or a rebuild kit .I put Ford parts inside a Chevy water pump and as far as I know it still works .Never say die .:D

Just a little side track ,just passing on what little I know about this brand of bucket lift .

I've run two of them, one at Davey and one at the city of Winter Park. They worked fine, pistol grip control similar to the Altec. I really do not like the three lever controls, much easier being able to run it with one hand.

That said, the truck is 15 years old so you may run into the same problems as your earlier trucks with California emissions regulations. You also have the issue of no longer being able to certify the boom because it is over 15 years old, which means if you put an employee in it then they are not insured (at least that's how it was explained to me). As an owner operator I can run it myself though.

Altec won't even supply parts for any boom over 15 years old. The only local certified Altec repair shop in central Florida wouldn't even look at my old truck (they were overpriced anyway).

Altec won't even supply parts for any boom over 15 years old. The only local certified Altec repair shop in central Florida wouldn't even look at my old truck (they were overpriced anyway).
Along the same lines unless I'm mistaken on Hi-Ranger it's around 20-25 yrs from what Tom says .That info comes from Specialized Hydraulics in Ft Wayne Indiana ,the closest service center for Hi-Ranger .Fact is he has a set of booms that will be retired this year and replaced with a newer set which will be restrung and recertified .I'm thinking though they only have maybe 5 years before they too lapse for time lmits .

Back