Leaf blower questions

None of that hoo haw here, at least not in populated areas. Also many places here are limited to low noise blowers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This blower talk got me to poking around today and seeing to it that my husky made its way out of the corner of the garage and back into the fleet. I seldom use the blower and don't give the tool much thought.

If someone has a real nice backpack blower for trade or not really using, I have a selection of chainsaws to trade for one if something is worked out. Next month I will pick up a new one if not.

You can use a leaf blower for a lot of things other than just blowing leaves .I used the back pack last summer to dry the tar paper off on the roof prior to roofing the addition .Use it to give a little boost to the burn pile every so often .

When I get the time I'm going to have to figure out where to find shock mounts and crankshaft seals for the Ryobi .I haven't a clue but for a cheapie it was a good one while it ran .

It'll blow snow too, in the right conditions. ;)
Dallas+Area+Hit+Snow+Storm+Two+Days+Before+3_tSE9J6LeGl.jpg

It'll blow snow too, in the right conditions. ;) ...

Well ... Yeah! Check out post #3 {pic below}. That's not PhotoShopped. That's 4' of snow we had a few years ago. My wife took that pic. Of course, it wasn't cleared in one lift. It took a few passes spaced several hours apart and the snow was cold and dry.

It's a four-stroke engine so it's a lot quieter than the two-strokes. After tiring of maintaining and burning through several hand helds, bit the bullet and bought the best ... ain't no goin' back! If it died, I'd buy another in a heart beat.

The picture below hangs in the shop where I bought the br600. They've sold several blowers because of it. ;)

The br600 is also useful to blow gravel out of the grass and back into the lane in the spring after all the plowing is done. After a removal with a lot of bucking, it's great to clear all the acidic wood chips out of the grass during cleanup -- hard to do that with a rake. It even de-thatches the lawn.

It'll blow fist size rocks, arm size branches and small children off trails. :D

I have the second largest husky but when it dies I am getting the br600 that thing mooves the debris.

I haven't had the occasion to try and blow 4 feet of snow .I did however remove two feet which had crusted over .

Once you get under the crust that BR 400 will lift chunks the size of a wash tub .Gets a tad chilly at times .Beats hell out of a snow shovel though .

I've got all these sand stone walk ways and a snowblower scratchs the dickens out of them .This blower certainly has saved my back from the shovel .

You want some fun,chase a cat with one .You've heard of Puss in Boots .That's cat in tree .:lol:

Aha cat rescuers of the world .Try a blower on the cat .I'd say if it makes them take to the trees the reverse should work too .---Al the meanie---

In a pinch, I have used my backpack to shoot tennis balls across the yard, a lazy way to play catch with the kid.

It's a four-stroke engine so it's a lot quieter than the two-strokes. After tiring of maintaining and burning through several hand helds, bit the bullet and bought the best ... ain't no goin' back! If it died, I'd buy another in a heart beat.

where I bought the br600.

The br600 is also useful to blow gravel out of the grass and back into the lane in the spring after all the plowing is done.

So the 600 is a 4 stroke? 4 mix type they came out with or real 4 stroke? I didnt know this info till I just read this post. Is any of the others 4 stroke?

That last sentence is what I am taking about and now snow blowing sidewalks sounds good too. Right now I have a almost 16 year old muscle bound football player shoveling my sidewalks. So I havent did one of those for a few years. :lol::lol:

They work real good at getting the last falls leaves out of the flower beds .If you get close enough to the flowers you can uproot them too .Not good though then you end up with a grumpy woman .

So the 600 is a 4 stroke? 4 mix type they came out with or real 4 stroke? I didnt know this info till I just read this post. Is any of the others 4 stroke?

That last sentence is what I am taking about and now snow blowing sidewalks sounds good too. Right now I have a almost 16 year old muscle bound football player shoveling my sidewalks. So I havent did one of those for a few years. :lol::lol:

Yeah it's the 4-MIX®, fuel lubricated 4-stroke engine = a lot quieter. :)

They work real good at getting the last falls leaves out of the flower beds .If you get close enough to the flowers you can uproot them too .Not good though then you end up with a grumpy woman .

You got that right! If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!! :(

Found a used BR400 local $200 or BO. Good bad how old are they?

The BR430 is going for over double that locally. So $200 seems just about right in the price.

As far as the quality and age- you got me on that one!

Back