Lag eyes or through eye bolts?

Clamps :thumbdown:
Preform grips :thumbup:
There ya go .I never claimed to be a tree man ,never cabled a tree in my life I have however installed a zillion guy lines on power poles .

However and only as a suggestion it might not be a bad idea to check into regular power line hardware .It will be more expensive but it will last forever .

I usually see them break in the loop and just recently I saw the cable hanging there with a chunk of wood attached to a j lag. It was this one job I bid and there were cables in nearly every tree wether they needed it or not and set way to low a true hack job.

Heres a doozy I came across several years back

Attachments

• incoming 016.jpg
    incoming 016.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 42
  • incoming 015.jpg
    incoming 015.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 41
  • incoming 011.jpg
    incoming 011.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 42
  • incoming 009.jpg
    incoming 009.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 42
  • incoming 010.jpg
    incoming 010.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 42
  • incoming 017.jpg
    incoming 017.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We use those when we can. The manufacturers recommend not using them when there is a defect present. Totally preventative tree support is a tough sell these days.

If there is a defect present you are supposed to use static systems. For a while that meet steel cables only. Now with some hybrid systems maybe you could use something else.

We have the BMPs as well as the ANSI standards and we are finding that you can make just about any system fit within them if you want. Many of their terms a vague. I wish they would get more specific, but I guess I understand why they don't.

We have the BMPs as well as the ANSI standards and we are finding that you can make just about any system fit within them if you want. Many of their terms a vague. I wish they would get more specific, but I guess I understand why they don't.

the ansi standards are currently being revised. check em out and make suggestions if you want to!

clamps no good over 1/4"

bmps cost $8-10. ANSIs cost 15-20. http://secure.isa-arbor.com/webstor...es-Series-BMP-Tree-Support-Systems--P156.aspx

through-cabling fits most trees. hole enlargement is overblown--it's still less wounding than bolts. wedgegrips cost double the rigguys but i still like em both.

Back