" just get it done! "

Altissimus

TreeHouser
... my winter employer is a ski area, I have done tree work for them ... always kept my quality high even though the pay is low. Every time they are behihd schedule quality doesn't matter ... a few years ago we were sent up to correct some terrible clearing and my friend almost got electrocuted! ... this year trimming for a new chairlift, project behind schedule ... they somehow arranged for the sub contractor to spike. All the presevation trim trees, nice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess not ... the original plan was to sub out the whole strake ... climbers using rope access. Hired company. Had emergency work in Mass. ... ski area borrowed a 45 ft. Bucket mounted on a snow cat , acomplished alot in house ... the original company was re hired to get the limbs the bucket couldn't ...

Unfortunately it's just a fact of life that most people don't care about trees as much as we do. They will listen and nod while we extoll the virtues of proper tree care and then go ahead with their original idea as soon as they are finished listening to us. We might as well be the hippies chaining ourselves to giant redwoods to stop the loggers as far as they are concerned.

Spoken like gospel HO could care less around here. You do find the rare custy but few and far between.

Unfortunately it's just a fact of life that most people don't care about trees as much as we do. They will listen and nod while we extoll the virtues of proper tree care and then go ahead with their original idea as soon as they are finished listening to us. We might as well be the hippies chaining ourselves to giant redwoods to stop the loggers as far as they are concerned.
...True Brian ... sad though because the Trees are a true resource acting as a windbreak allowing them to actually run the chairlift

... the sad fact is winters are pretty lean for trim /removals ... firewood and snowplowing are ways to get by. Sometimes an ice storm brings emergency work. I fell into Mt. Ops as a way to get by and still work outdoors, I was a Snowmaker for ten years , then moved to Ski Patrol ... sucks representing "them" all winter

Ain't that the truth. :|:

Ain't that the truth. :|:

Yeah...I asked a neighbour if I could climb his elm, just to keep in practise as work is slow and we don't have any big trees on our property
He's mounded a load of soil on one side, has some large heavy overhangs near the chimney and over a fence and gate, a defect in the union of one large long branch...I pointed them out, but all he said was, tree looks fine and the property is for sale so he could care less.
Unsolicited advice is free, take it or leave it, at least I got a climb in!
Oh well...

I often tell potential customers over the phone and in person ... " My opinion, ... is free " you go Bermy, when the tree presents a real problem, and the property hasn't sold yet .... I bet you get the call! ... Pigwot. , Okemo is close ... the name of the resort. ... well the second word ryhmes with Joe ...

Back