Johnny Pro Video

Peter, as the lines are static, there should be little or no movement relative to each other

Those ropes aren't static. Those are a rock climbing lead line rated for 6 USIA falls. Currently smallest diameter for single rope. Lots of stretch. My favorite rope for climbing but I still can't see wanting to use for tree work because of stretch.

Those ropes aren't static....

I don't know why the words static and dynamic cause so much confusion. JP is using dynamic rope, (stretchy rope) in a static (non moving) rope system.

The floating and adjustable anchor is an interesting use of a two rope system that could be just right in some situations. Understanding force multipliers and how they will effect your chosen load points will be important for the safe use of something like this.

Ya'll are life savers! I can sleep now. I think they'd be boss for hang gliding!

Those ropes aren't static. Those are a rock climbing lead line rated for 6 USIA falls. Currently smallest diameter for single rope. Lots of stretch. My favorite rope for climbing but I still can't see wanting to use for tree work because of stretch.

I knew that. And thought about redoing what I wrote.
What I meant was that the lines aren't moving relative to each other but the RR moves along them, in tandem. So, little movement of each line against the other, methinx.

Johny's a character, for sure.... is on FB and has an active thread on treebuzz.

Back