JFK/50 Years Ago - Where Were YOU?

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I was in 1st grade in Waco, TX and they let school out early. I remember the announcement over the classroom intercom. I didn't know WHAT was going on, but I was glad to get outta school early.

Sad.

My mom must have been starting middle school.... Did they have middle schools back then or just one room school houses out in the prairie?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I think the 7th grade. I don't exactly remember how we all heard, but we knew that day in school. Might have come over the loud speaker. i recall that in one class there was a girl, i think named Cynthea, she had her head down on her desk, her face covered. The teacher asked her a question about something, Cynthea raised her head and simply said, "I can't", then put her face down again. Her face was red and I think she had been crying. She appeared very upset. Most kids didn't take it so emotionally, but it was a big shock, more hard to really grasp than anything.

I was 5 yrs old and remember the images on our black and white TV on the farm.
Just heard a good recorded CBC radio interview this morning with the special agent Clint Hill. He was the guy on the trunk of the limo with Mrs Kennedy, he said she wasn't trying to get away but she was screaming she had to retrieve parts of John's brains also saying "look what they did to Jack."
Clint Hill wrote a book called "Five Days in November".

I remember that morning with my mom on the couch watching everything on our B&W tv... Her crying.. Me horribly sad. Seemed like the world stood still.

Back