Japanese tree climbing method - modern

pantheraba

More biners!!!
I didn't want to start a thread for this but did not know where to put it. The video is long and in Japanese.

Jay, looks like they don't use any PPE (no lanyard). Is that normal for them?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oXieOlKG72U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gary, that method is a modern spin-off of climbing with hoops. Metal bands around the stem that grasp it the same way. Goes back to the 30's. This new spin greatly improves on the method.

I never used it. Though the old school style appeared to required a near perfect stem to work to any efficiency.

Anybody here ever use the "Bands"

Long tradition here for removing limbs during the growing years before harvesting to provide clear growth Hinoki lumber, a beautiful and quite valuable aromatic Cypress, or the common everywhere Cedar.. Seen those elevating devices before, but not in these parts used by tree workers. Probably a relatively small group of people finds those useful.

I didn't want to start a thread for this but did not know where to put it. The video is long and in Japanese.

Jay, looks like they don't use any PPE (no lanyard). Is that normal for them?
But yes, they have one. Look at 3'35" the yellow three strands.
I just worry about the rating of his "lanyard" !:what:
Very painful to use if he has to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
haha...I saw that little twinky rope and tried to ignore it. It would be quite the show if he had to rely on that for a fall.:O

Back