it's already getting cold. corkboots, winter wear discussion.

...Sorel PAC boots...Hoffman with liners and caulks...when in spikes I have no choice but Wescos so it can be a little cold climbing.

Other than that, for winter boots I have some monster LaCrosse ice fishing pac boots rated for -1000*, White's hunting Pacs (Made in Korea?!?!?!?) with airbob soles, and Viking Pull-On Rubber Corks (with steel toe and saw protection). The Vikings are nice, they have warm liners and are very similar to the Husqvarna brand ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
right..

today i made up my mind.

was going for the viking unlined calks with their linerinsert.
hang it.

of course now i'm hemming and hawing.
suck.

baselayer,
i've got a few sets of midweight wool underwear coming
then some heavier weight wool as well.

i'm going to grab some heavy fleece or something for a second layer.

i found some good army surplus outer layer stuff and went wool sweater crazy at the thriftstores..

it's down to the boots.

boss says we'll be doing TSI work in the dead of winter, so i guess i'm going to go with a winter calked pac.

I over the years tested shoes various brands and manufacturers. In my opinion to work in the winter is the best shoes with a heater made ​​of natural fur. Maximum comfort and convenience. My favorite boots for winter -

I mean real winter with temperatures below 0 * C

so i bought 2 cans of polyurethane today and i'm going to spray these.
!B+pKyuwCWk~$(KGrHqV,!i8EzN)NUWFpBN!S0DIWW!~~_1.JPG

unless one of you tell me that that's insane

Goretex?

Call me new school, but fleece pants and waterproof-breathable shell pants seem like the way to go if wet. Wool socks with a synthetic liner sock.

yep.

i found a british fireman's suit for -$50 which is goretex.
these other pants are the austrian equivalent of the us f-1b extreme cold weather pants
cotton over poly insulation.
they fit really well and are toasty but.... cotton.
surely the military considered this?

anyway, they'll be waterproof than a mother by tomorrow.

Those boot should definitely be warm, then again i dont think ive been in negative temps.

I have a Russian bomber hat thats 100% rabbit fur except for the inside, the thing is WARM.

Back