Is this for real?

Whoa! Badass!

mercedes-2025.jpg

You guys wouldn't drive that?

:lol:

Most concept cars are usually ugly. They always tone them down a ton before we actually see them on the road... and even then a lot are still ugly!

Well if there was ever an ugly duckling that title becomes to the Hummer but it was the rage for the well to do .

There are hydrogen cell vehicles rolling around LA. I was "this close" to leasing one a while back (purchase wasn't even an option)

I hope it does indeed become more popular in the future.

Hydrogen is a good battery to store energy with. Still a little lossy from the process needing the electricty to facilitate the removal of the hydrogen from the water. At least how I understand it.

During the 60's Allis Chalmers had an experimental farm tractor that used fuel cells .As I recall it worked okay but the cost was prohibative at that time .

As far as progress the future has nuclear energy however events such as three mile island and Chernobyl have pretty much put the halts to that .

Sadly, nothing will happen as long as they still milk the oil cow...
There is oil for a very long time yet and no interest to give up a lucrative thing that puts money in bank for a money pit that only consume money...

Whatever future needs and sources will be it's a lead pipe cinch it will be controlled by few .That will never change .

Survivalists get on this kick of making ones own power,can do no problem .You can make crude oil from nothing more than garbage cooked in a pressure vessel and refine crude gasoline with a simple vacuum still .Not real practical though .

Would sort of seem like an extra step to power the wheels by electric motor... Use electricty to extract the hydrogen from teh water, then power something with the hydrogen to make electricty to drive the vehicle and make more hydrogen. You could generate the electricity and drive the vehicle with a hydrogen motor and also use captive energy from braking to help supply electric charge as well... Dunno.... Guess I wo9uld lie to read up more on it if I get a rain day this week :/:

Back