Intro

canadiantreeman

TreeHouser
Hey all,

Well I gotta start by saying that I've been on the buzz for a few years now and I've been kinda lurking here checking it out for a while now. I gotta say it seems like a pretty tight crew and the camaraderie is palbable.

I'm just a young buck (24) and I love working with trees. I've been climbing and operating bucket in an urban forestry capacity since I was 20. I used to think I knew it all, and the more I read either here or on the buzz, the less I agree with my previous thoughts.

It's great to know that I can share with people that have been working in this industry for twice as long as I've been around.

Looking forward to learning more.

Dylan

Hi Dylan im Damian a treeguy thats a quick learner from down under(North Melbourne)This place has helped me with lots of "inside"info.

Some good members/contributors.

Welcome Dylan... It's funny how, the older we get, the less we seem to know... it's actually one the only benefits of advancing age.

I'm looking forward to reading you.

Dylan.....Welcome to the Treehouse.

It's a great thing to love what you do for a living.

Dave

Welcome, Dylan.
You are right about the camaraderie ( did I spell that right?) here,
The housers are a really friendly bunch of treepeople.
A good place to hang out.

Welcome aboard Dylan. Its tight crew around here, but its also very inclusive. As for knowing it all, some folks will only except new information from "experts," but good ideas come from every experience level. The people at this site are my friends and they have helped me improve my small tree service. So come on board and don't be shy about sharing your ideas.

welcome Dylan. The guys around here seem pretty genuine. There is not alot of the finger pointing that you would find at other places. Just pats on the back and good advice. Pete

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all,

I was trained and grew up in Calgary, Alberta, but I currently reside in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. Right in the heart Okanagan. It seems that I've positioned myself ever closer to the West Coast, and I'm looking forward to finding the time to get into some old growth coastal forest.

I hope one day to be the owner operator of my own tree service, for some reason I find that there is always something that isn't quite right when working for someone else;)

Here's a vid of me in action just so as you all can see how goofy I look in real life :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXvAGsKQogk

p.s. i've posted this on the buzz before so some of you may have seen it, and i realize now my 'safe' line may not have been so safe!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXvAGsKQogk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXvAGsKQogk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back