Insect and bites

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hay what about cheap ways to get old tool to do work for you! 20160209_154011.jpg 20160209_153751.jpg
A simple hold turn this old tool in to a arborist ready tool. I am running a nylon cord true the hold, I drill and atach a carabiner, will make a leather cover for the edge, from a old jacket. OK Cheap LOL 20160209_153541.jpg
I dare you to round you fingers to this sharp edge. 20160209_154004.jpg
OK then, just let me to take a or a one swing to your leg with this one, LOL. I am just playing, I will not take a swing, unless you are near and have challenge me to slice you into million pieces, LOL 20160209_154603.jpg Ok is not funny, but Image how much easy it will be to remove small trees. Save fuel and save the ozone. My contribution to the environment.

Last edited:
When loading a truck, send me up there with a sharp machete and I guarantee I'll get at least two loads in one go, learning how to swing a proper English machete as an apprentice has served me well, not having a chipper!

When loading a truck, send me up there with a sharp machete and I guarantee I'll get at least two loads in one go, learning how to swing a proper English machete as an apprentice has served me well, not having a chipper!
I worked as a land surveyor years ago Fi and got well acquainted with a machete. We swung a Collins and got them shaving sharp every morning. We actually cut down some fair size trees with them, not because we wanted to, but because that's all we had. On slack days we'd have our version of the surveyor's olympics and machete throwing was one of the events.

It is 1:28 am, is this ozome. It is coold some where on the 20s ot 30s, I do not know for sure, but it is nice in front of this fire. 20160210_002427.jpg some of you shut been here, I got cider! 20160210_005818.jpg

I got to say I am not funny, and by the silence treatment the ax joke scare the crap of all of you! Hay I know I am not funny, that is another try and mist. I believe some of you cut have say something. I apologize for making a morbid joke, hay I was sharpening the ax and I was hoping not to hurt my sell.

To whom may consern:

I got little savings to use on the purchase of the big rope and block. Cut go for the Huskys 5/8 thickness on the rope, with the new version ISC . It seems to be the best choice for a start up one man company. I believe ,I will be going with 150", or shut it be 200" . I do not want to need more rope. What is your opinion.

200ft 9/16" here, like it's been said before, 5/8 is very big, more than likely you won't have ground help who could handle heavy loads properly for you. 1/2" rigging lines can do a lot of work.

Ha Ray!

I lost count of the small trees I cut down with a machete, when I was an apprentice I worked at an old Fortification, I got sent down into the moat every day to clear out invasive trees, the chainsaw they had didn't work, so a machete was it...that and a lot of the landscape guys were Portuguese and they are born with a machete, or get one instead of a teddy bear so to have any kind of 'cred' you have to be able to use one!

Good to know you are still at it Jose, I got 200' of 9/16 for my big rope (Samson stable braid) and it's been just fine, more than adequate for the bigger stuff I do. Smaller stuff I use my old climbing ropes, 1/2" and they are at least 150'

We used to do a lot of Giant hogsweed removal, so last time we ordered a pallet of goods from Bailey's, we included two machetes.
Richard claims that if you drill them full of holes they'll be light enough to use on Giant Hogsweed.

We never got into those nasty weeds with them, so now they are simply hanging in the shop.
Lots of people have asked what they are for, machetes being very rare in Denmark, and I always answer: " For the day the zombies come"

That is a beautiful machete...so much better than the military surplus junk we usually see here. Looks like there is history in that one.

I always have at least one behind the seat of my truck and carry it whenever I'm in the woods walking or scouting. It comes in very handy for cutting vines, palmettos, cottonmouth heads or trimming up swamp cabbage.

I used my machete just a couple days ago.

A good tool for our invasive as snot Himalayan blackberries. Canes get bigger than an 1-1.25". Thorns are big, too...too big. Fuggers.

I have a short handled of something similar to a pro hoe. CDF buddy gave it to me. One of my fav tools for fire tending. Keep the edge sharp and it cuts right through stuff.

I've never used a pro hoe, but I saw one once - looked like quite a useful tool.
My machete also lives next to my driver's seat, in my family truck though, not the work truck. Its super useful on camping trips and that's the camping vehicle.

The last survey, give your best advice base on your year at work. Remember your advice will be the line between live and dead of a clumsy assistance or my live. The question is, what block what rope, name and brand. I got the money suggest the best, consider I qm 1 Man company. Let me here you! The most solid suggestions will be my point to start. I am calling to the the full forum. Hay I will buy the best only to the needs Of my 1 mqn company. Fwll free to comment. By the way I am no q certified arborist. Not need to hear about my spelling. Just concentrate on my knowledge need.

Back