I'm Done With Cable TV!

Just TV here with HD antenna....Never had cable or dish ect. ever, will not pay for that garb, waste of $$

I have a tv for Netflix and movies, in its own room in the basement. No other Tvs in the house. Haven't had broadcasted TV in about 15 years.

Same situation here, a friend used to live in the basement and moved home a few months ago leaving a nice flat screen and a playstation. Through the playstation I can get to my netflix account as well as hulu and amazon. Yes, I'm a TV junkie for the last couple of years, its nice to zone out sometimes.

I just started watching Archer, anyone watch that? I think its hilarious, I needed a break from complicated humor that I don't always get:D

No TV for you Gerry?

Dave, what's the Scanner? Like a police scanner?

:thumbup: Sounds like a good program. I love some good sci-fi, books too.

edit- did anyone watch the new show 'Stranger Things'? i thought it was pretty good.

Scanner gets Fire / Ambulance mutual aid dispatch , local and state police , state and local highways , game wardens , ops at both local Ski areas , county sherrifs , Power Co. , even traffic control when Tree or Paving Companies are close. Have some tactical channels but usually pretty distorted ... Good for insomnia , gotta learn the lingo. Some calls are exciting , some disturbing , some actually funny.

I bet that is entertaining! In can listen to the County Sheriff on their website, it's pretty boring though.

Sherrifs are generally boring yes. Big weather events are prob the best. Portable w plug and rechargeable batteries. When my little town got smashed by Hurricane Irene I had interesting perspective. Land line still worked though scanner was on throwaway batteries had an idea what was up. Buddy on Fire was keeping me posted plus GF on Ambulance as well. Not a good day for Wilmington when the National Guard is in charge and the Governor Heli's in ...

Geez, sounds like a good thing to have in an emergency, if you like to be in the know that is.

I get a couple different county fire/police dispatchs on the net. Mostly listen on holidays, or bad weather hits.

Aussie free to air TV is pretty good...none of those interminable medical ads of the US, and the car ads are pretty good.
SBS, ABC (Australian) Channel 7 and all their ffiliates, 9 and theirs...good range of offerings.

Too boring for me. I wanna see stuff...

Not me. I can barely stomach listening to the news. IMO watching it would be bad for stress levels. Sometimes I skip even the radio news. News, depressing and stressful. Let's commit to watching it a few times a day! Most news I miss never affects me anyways. Am I worse off or better off for never having known about it?

Neither I think.
I've never owned a TV, I subscribe to a couple of newspapers, that works fine for me.

Always been of the opinion that too much ( or any at all, in fact) rots your mind.

Neither I think.

Maybe for you and a select few others. But for most, viewing a never ending stream of disaster is detrimental to a peaceful and calm state of mind. For many, stress can eat at them without the person ever really identifying it or the cause of it. But feelings of anxiety and dread while lying in bed waiting for sleep would be one sure sign.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not missing it one bit.

Still watching TV - just finished Sons Of Anarchy, into The Bastard Executioner now.

b35c98335edf6265c0e7b94b5528e5e3.jpg

Back