I'm an Idiot

I sure hope it's not that much.

The enforcement officer told me he went as light as possible with his ticket. He mentioned the expensive stuff was the non-compliance of the truck violations (DOT#, company name, inspections). I didn't get hit with any of those in a citation...only got it wrote up as like a repair and report.

I'm thinking there is a fair amount of leeway in how hard they can hit someone. I talked to some people form the enforcement division and they explained they just want me to come into compliance with the truck and license issues.

The big reason I got the license ticket was because the truck is registered in my company name. if it hadn't been for that I think he'd have let me walk and just get someone else to drive it home.

Yeah, whatever...and since when are farming and logging not commerce? I fail to see the reason for the special minority-like treatment. Being workers in the plant world tree workers are just as agricultural as any of the rest aren't they?:P

The Forest Service is in the warm and caring embrace of the US dept. of Agriculture.

We were dumb enough to become farmers, so they take it easy on us!

My buddy the welder got scaled by Ticket Jim the other day and was fined for being overweight. In an F-350! DOT men are just pissed that they could not pass the test to become High Way Patrol. They take this anger out on the working man.

State police enforce DOT here. Haven't seen a regular weigh-master vehicle in several years myself.

Maybe their el caminos all gave out.:/:

from MI Sec of State:

"Single Vehicles - Having a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR)* of 26,001 pounds or more.

Combination Vehicles - Towing a trailer or other vehicles with a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more when the gross combination weight rating (GCWR)** is 26,001 pounds or more."

Rajan, your answer looks like a good one. Dang, I love that trailer...Might have to try for a trade if I can't get the license...

Flunked my physical right off this morning 'cause of high bp (gee I wonder why, no stress here :slam2:). Would have had to renew every year. I'll call my regular Doc and see what can be done in the next couple days to fix it. They are holding my paperwork until I figure out what I want to do. Hope they hold the $150 too...

Walked across the street and have a cancer growth burned off my nose. Took all of 10 minutes...knew something had to go right eventually...

Well, off to give more blood for another test...gotta love a day filled with going to the Doc...

Just have your trailer derated to 10k you will still have the strength of a 14k trailer but less legal capacity. I bought my trailer and plated it of 10k just so I can tow it behind my f450 and still be legal by one pound.

I was pulling my coat our from under my climbingbag. End of the day no eye pro. an elastic cinched of my coat got caught on something and I gave it a tug. It fired off and struck me on my eyelid. stung like crazy and swelled shut for a day or two. Stupidest thing.

I know a fellow who lost all sight in one eye after taking a snap-back from a bungie cord, tarping a load of stuff in his utility trailer. Unlucky.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry to hear of it, Chris.

I have had the totally unhappy experience of whipping a cable cored lanyard with a nice, heavy steel snaphook on the end around a mid sized doug fir, and misjudge the length of lanyard needed...bounce a pound and a half of steel off your cheekbone, let me tell you, stars and lighting in the back of your eyes and a foggy brain will follow.

But a bleeding cut and nothing broken doesn't even come close to your misfortune. Hope you heal well.

Boy Burnham, that must have really hurt! You my friend are very lucky that it didn't break your jaw. BTW, I have shattered my jaw and had to have it wired shut for 6 weeks, so a few busted teeth for me is really no big deal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know a fellow who lost all sight in one eye after taking a snap-back from a bungie cord, tarping a load of stuff in his utility trailer. Unlucky.

That is why I was very glad to have had my safety glasses on, because if that steel biner had it me higher in the eye, it probably would have blinded me in that eye.

Good news from the oral surgeon. He thinks that the roots weren't damaged to the point of having to have the teeth pulled. Time will tell, but it looks like I can keep them a while longer :) Dentist will be able to cap them in time.

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes.

Back