ice cream thread

Of course....but if you add PB to vanilla then it desperately needs chocolate to provide a counterpoint for the palate.
I am a Reese's man.

They make a Reese's ice cream too ,good stuff .

Now speaking of soft serve,my buddies wife at one time had a TCBY frozen yogurt franchise .That's good stuff too , a tad pricey though .

Steve's in Boston was the shizzznit when I was back east.. I loved the triple chocolate with hot fudge on it ( I think that's what it was called, should have been called death by chocolate LOL).=P~

Pistachio or mint chocolate chip - or I think homeade vanilla beats all that store bought stuff.

Steve's in Boston was the shizzznit when I was back east.. I loved the triple chocolate with hot fudge on it ( I think that's what it was called, should have been called death by chocolate LOL).=P~

They went out of business many moons ago. there used to be one in Amherst.

And John, I am dead serious about an ice cream float with real beer.

Here's a Christmas treat for ya...

A little bit of 'Ice Wine' over a good quality Vanilla ice cream. Real all natural ice cream that is!!!

:)

Well I sure messed up. I was at Krogers late last night, still hadn't had dinner which is NOT a good time to be buying food.

Figured it was a good time to try this 'Moose Tracks'. Bought a pint and split it between 3....this was real, not lowfat.

All these years I've been singing praises about Kroger's brand of ice milk. Now I have remembered what REAL ice cream tastes like. I'll have to say the moose track stuff made it more like a frozen candy bar though. Unbelievably good. I took tiny little spoonfuls and let them sit on the tip of my tongue...melting slowly.....taking in all that rich, creamy taste and texture....making it last. Not long enough though. wow. good.

Thanks for the recommendation. sigh.

Che, I hate to chide you but a pint of icecream is totally inadequate fro decadent sharing. The makers have slyly substituted the 1.5 quart container for the old half gallon. That is the minimum size for familial sharing.

We have a dairy farm here that opened a couple of local ice cream shops so I'm totally hooked on fresh milk and ice cream, chocolate of course.

Che, I hate to chide you but a pint of icecream is totally inadequate fro decadent sharing. The makers have slyly substituted the 1.5 quart container for the old half gallon. That is the minimum size for familial sharing.

My wife thought the price of ice cream had come way down. She was dismayed when I showed her that indeed it had, but the size of the container had decreased more so.

I'll take that under advisement, Justin. :D

Back