I wanted a stiffer one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ewww feet! You coulda atleast warned us!!!
If you look closely, my foot sticking straight up is suffering from the gout...

To much info probably. Sorry all. I'm off to bed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey, emr! I don't know if you've ever seen any of Tony Knight's videos on YouTube, but they are well worth watching. He had the idea of using a spring around the outside of his tether cordage to give it both stiffness in compression and flexibility at other times, like when you are pressing against a branch. Here is a link to his prototype video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fso_x0SIFrw

He is Australian, so I personally have to listen closely, but he is really, really smart, and his craftsmanship is at a really high level, in my opinion. He made three or four more videos that show him climbing with his finished product, and it is beautiful. I really liked his commentary in the prototype video, but I suspect he may have suffered some abuse from online trolls over it, as I don't recall seeing any other yet myself in which he narrates anymore. He lets the video speak for itself.

Were I you, I would make Tony Knight's video channel a favorite place in your web browser. All of his videos are well worth watching. I vaguely recall him participating in a forum at some point, but I do not remember which one.

Here is a 2nd link to a video of his finished flex tether.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7z0WBpCgFA

Sorry for the lack of embedding, I'm working off of my handheld computer at the moment, so it's a bit more difficult for me to manage. I just wanted to make sure emr was exposed to Tony Knight's ideas and videos.

Tim

That turn buckle looks like a great idea.... Thanks.

I am friends with Tony on FB and I know I've seen some of his video in the past but I think I will review them again. Cheers.

I want a stiffer one, too.

Wait...maybe this is the wrong thread to pursue that line of thought...

Yep, must read more before posting.

:P

:lol:

Gave the steel tether a go today. It worked very well for the tree I was in. It was a small Norway Maple removal. It worked as well as the regular tether without any issues. I'm hoping it shines on a pruning job. Unfortunately I won't be doing any more climbing until Friday at the earliest.

The holes that came in the bar were excellent for clipping my over the shoulder tether and a HAAS too. It was an unexpected bonus.

Back