I snore

Szajer

alive with pleasure
It's bad, so I'm told.

Was married for 12 years though combined with dating, we were together for nearly 20. We slept apart the entire time.

Well, life happens and you find yourself divorced. I've been with my g/f now for two years- and we too sleep apart. It's that loud.

I'm not having any surgery to fix this. My one work buddy had it done and there is no way I'm going through that! Not to mention his sinuses are wrecked when spring hits-- and he said that was a result of the procedure.

So I found something online to help.
http://www.apnearx.com

It's rather expensive, but I am concerned that after nearly 30 years of heavy snoring, I'm probably at risk for some health issues. Already had two cardio ablation catheters from my ticker skipping beats. It fixed it, but heart disease runs on my mothers side, so chances are, I'm well on my way.

I can't be the only one here that snores like a bear. What have you done? Anyone? Anyone?

Not always, Gary. I did the sleep study years back, had to do it twice because I didn't sleep the first time, it's not pleasant experience! Anyway, it was determined I didn't have sleep apnea, but I was waking myself up 25-35 times an hour from snoring. I was told the CPAP wouldn't help and was sent to get a mouth piece made. I can't say if it helped or not, I spent more time picking it up off the floor after I spit it out during the night. Another waste of $600.

Indeed! Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to figure out, but I'm learning, the hard way, things aren't simple.

I snore if sleeping on my back but not on my side or front. Any of you sleep experts have a diagnosis?

I snore if sleeping on my back but not on my side or front. Any of you sleep experts have a diagnosis?

Pretty common, if you sew a tennis ball to the back of your pyjamas it will encourage you to not sleep on your back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My snoring progressed from and after every year as an arborist.

The dust, pollen, etc.... Now compile that -with over two decades of it. Every nite I came home and showered, the black schnot I would rocket from my sinuses was extreme. Now I won't do much without wearing a good dust mask. Though a little too late.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So far it's been that and breathright nose strips.

What it is, from what I can tell when I'm just starting to snore- still half awake, is just before the uvula on the roof of the mouth, is thickened. This relaxes and obstructs my breathing, which then vibrates and becomes my snore.

Not sure if you got a picture of what I'm referring to, maybe it's genetic and not everyone has this. Plus I talk somewhat nasally, even though I've had my adenoids taken out at 6 years of age. I notice it sometimes, even though others don't.

We'll go with your diagnosis then. Sounds much better than cancer.

I pretty much always sleep on my side or front. As my wife will give me the stop snoring smack otherwise.

Wonder if alcohol could sometimes be a factor for people that snore? You guys that do, are you knocking a few back at night?

Yep, I give my self a sore throat from snoring when I have a few (dozen) to drink. I always sleep on my side and get a few good hours until my arm falls asleep and then i have to switch sides. I would love sleep on my back but I wake myself up snoring.

Back