I Kinda HATE A Feller Buncher!

I've only been around a couple of smaller ones. They can knock out some wood quick but the operators tend to make a mess of things. Rough Cowboys. No finesse. I almost always get sent in to deal with what they couldn't get to or what the machine couldn't handle.
It would be cool to run one though.

Speaking of feller bunchers, mechanized harvesting, and how much i dislike them.... Our company "my dad" just wrote out a fat check for a new timberpro 745c.

I just hope now they can keep us logs at the mill. Us sawmill guys are tired of seeing the low fuel light blinking all the time.

Denver

We are keeping the head off our older machine. Its not quite a year old yet.
Its a waratah FL85 felling head
LOL its funny you brought up the boom. The operator actually broke the boom in half on the other machine. We got lucky and found one off a machine that was lost in a fire not to far from us about a year ago.

Did I mention that our logging crew doesn't like cable either! The cutting machine tends to do most of the skidding as well. They like the logs to be placed in the clamp of the skidder.
Its rough on booms swinging a 30''+ dbh oak 50'+ up a hill. Ill have to track down the pictures of that disaster.

Denver

Roughly how big a check is that? I'm guessing $750k

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z8-cR3fjlqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...that's the thing you can't discount the production of them , one operator can fill the Log Truck several times a day !!! My buddy asked me what they cost my guess $850 , 000 . Lot is close to my place and it seems they are finishing up. They used a Feller Buncher , a De Limber , Excavator , and a Dozer this time. Can't wait to view the firewood pile. Crosscut price will be more this time.

The one we just purchased was right at $402k without a cutting attachment. It would have been around $500+ depending on the type of attachment that goes on it

Denver

The one we just purchased was right at $402k without a cutting attachment. It would have been around $500+ depending on the type of attachment that goes on it

Denver

A damn bargain!!

That is an insanely sweet looking machine. Who do you have lined up to run it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...my advice , buy the cutter head that has the fastest best possible production and leaves the highest possible stumps ...

Corey What've got 3-4 guys that can run it fairly well. Im guessing my dad will be the one to break it in for a few weeks.

Im not even sure what all is on this thing yet. I had the boys with me so we didnt get to check out to much.

I did see several usb ports, a backup camera and a ton of led lights.

It does seem a lot better thought out than the old pos we have already. Ill try to get some better pics up in the next couple of days once we get the rest of it put together.

Denver

Is Timber Pro any relation to Timbco? The machines look similar.

Thanks guys.
Yea cory timbco is the original company. They sold out to valmat ( i think thats how its spelled).Then they sold out to komatsu. Komatsu is still making a machine nearly identical to the timbco we have.

Anyway timber pro is the same company as the first timbcos. I guess there were some legalities to where they could no longer produce the machines. Then when komatsu bought valmet it freed them up to start production again under a slightly different name.

Denver

Good info, Denver. I've seen those Timbcos work doing right of way clearing in a suburban setting, they are fearsome machines. I'll never forget one cut this highly skilled op made- there was a pretty huge sycamore, the top of which was surrounded by uncoated power lines near a train station. He reached up as high as the machine would go, maybe 30' I would guess, and snipped off the top. Any lower and the diameter was too thick for the machine. The instant he snipped the top he lowered it straight down as fast as possible to miss the wires and before the weight of the top could tip the machine over. It was insane.

Back