I Gotta Take A Dump!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get up early enough to have a few cups of coffee, I take care of business at home 99% of the time

This. I prefer rising three hours before worktime, but I sometimes settle for two.

Helpful hint for expediting a BM - cinch your belt as tight as you can while sipping your first cup of joe. ;>)

I don't sip my coffee believe it or not. I wait until its tolerable and then slam it in one shot. I don't ever sip drinks. I usually down the drink at once. One of my quirks I guess.

I'm a fast eater and drinker.

Re poopin, one time I was on an appointment, custy wasn't home, I had to poop bad so I went into the very limited woods in their back yard, dug a hole and did it. Then I made my notes re the trees and drove away. It occurred to me that it was the same as if I were driving around and stopped to poop in a random backyard….:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How do ya'll feel about employees asking the client if they could use their bathroom?

I think that's a big no no!

I think it is fine as long as they are polite, take off shoes, etc. If I had tree guys working at my house, I sure as heck would rather have them dumping in the bathroom than the backyard woods.

As a general rule, not a good idea, imo, but there can be emergencies, and hopefully the client will want to understand.

No way to asking to go in a customers house for anything less then an emergency.

I shit myself at an estimate years ago. I got sick to my stomach on my way and by the time we were in the yard looking at the tree, I was holding back a complete catastrophe. The homeowner had a small bichon or poodle on a leash and it was a hyper case, jumping and pulling every which way. It darted around my leg, tangling me in the leash, and jerked me. I got knocked slightly off balance and lost control and shit myself. Yes, it was loud enough and clear enough that the customer heard it. The Customer went silent and got bug eyed, I ripped a copy of the invoice off and literally just took off at a brisk walk to my truck without saying a peep. There was a voicemail when I got home giving me the go ahead.

Shit happens.

That was a good one,Tuck

Why all the haters for dumping in the house if someone has to go? Do plumbers, appliance repair guys, painters, carpenters go in the back woods or drive to a gas station when they have to poop? No, they poop in the house.

Why would a tree guy not do the same?

I'm too covered in chips/dust to go into a customers house most times, though I wouldn't anyway. Just doesn't seem proper to me.

Back