Hydraulic motors moving???

matdand

TreeHouser
I just went to check out a nice Bandit 90xp from an older fella whos has been using it to clean up around his property. The machine has really low hours and is in pristine condition. The only issue I think I might have spotted was on the hydraulic motors that turn the feed wheels.

They had a bit of a circular motion going on as the feed wheels would turn. I have never noticed this kind of movement before on other machines. The feed wheels looked like they were turning fine, no awkward or jerky movements, looked level and all. Is this normal or are the feed wheel bearings shot from lack of use???

If I remember correctly Bandit had some funky way of mounting their motors onto the feed wheels. The motor was bolted to a plate that wasn't directly connected to anything, it was just held within a piece of box material at one end to stop the motor from rotating so the only thing really holding it on is the joint collar. As that collar got wore or just out of balance then you really could see the motor move in a circular motion as they ran. I would say as long as there is no leaks the motors are fine. Been years since I messed with those but I remember having problems with those collars.

Hope this helps

Sweet looking machine! My morbark does it too. I think they set it up that way so that if something gets out of round with the rotation, the motor won't snap off the machine the way it probably would if it were firmly bolted on.

No no no that is all messed up and wrong! You need to send it to me for a through one season field testing and R&D to root out the problem.:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No no no that is all messed up and wrong! You need to send it to me for a through one season field testing and R&D to root out the problem.:D

Nice, how kind! Just leave me your address and Ill have it shipped to you. How much do you charge for this service?

Its a floating mount. It's easier than using hard mounts and flexicouplings or a keyway drive on the internals of the roller. It also means you can support the feed roller with a bearing at both ends. It's a bit agricultural, but simple and works.

Back