Husqvarna 575xp

Shane

TreeHouser
Wondering what you all think of the Husqvarna 575xp. Looking at one used for sale $600 Cad it looks brand new only been used but a home owner for one year. Im trying to find out what year it is. Just wondering if its a good saw for that kinda of money. Oh yeah i dont need any Stihl lovers saying its crap because its a Husky just some honest help thankx.

Bought mine new in 05 not one issue and it is a go to saw for me feel at this time 6 is on the high side but if near new. It will pull a large bar with no prob, loves the 20 though:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
W 5755xp.jpg well im going to see if he goes for $500 it has a 28 inch bar on it now. oh yeah i was going to bring a compression tester with me if i look at it does anyone know what psi it should be at? the thing looks brand new from the picture and apparently its still in that same condition but as we all know buying things used sellers see to bs sometimes. oh a new 576 up here is around $1100 to $1200 new from what i can find. are the x-torque motors any good?

well i got the pic up let me know what you guys think. i really like this site by the way really appreciate all yours input too.

well i got him down to $500 should i go for it? what psi should it read??????

Oh yeah i dont need any Stihl lovers saying its crap because its a Husky just some honest help thankx.

It isn't neccessarily about "Stihl lovers " in this neck of the woods .Husqvarna about 20 years ago made a power play around here .Told the dealers it was either them or Stihl or they pulled their dealership .Which they did and stuck the dealers with unsold parts inventory for saws they could no longer sell .As such the closest Husqvarna dealer who carries almost no inventory is 40 miles away .The results are about the only Huskey saws are sold at TSC and Lowes locally .

Fact what few parts I need I get out of North Carolina .That's the way that goes ,Husqvarna kind of chit in their mess kit so to speak .

If its a first generation 575 I wouldn't pay more then 100 bucks for it. They had bad bottom ends. They got it worked out by the end of the 575's time being produced. Cold blooded saws. I don't care for them that much.

It varies with those two retailers as I suspect it might with Lowes .However I think if statistics were known the sale of consumer based products far exceeds the higher end stuff .To the average consumer who only occassionaly uses for example a chainsaw a lesser cost and quality saw would work as well as a higher priced unit but more robust professional model .

I'd love to have a 7500-9000 dollar Dixie Chopper mower but I can't justify the cost just to mow grass 15-20 times a year .

TSC here sales Jonsered now = red Huskys. Biggest I seen there was the 2166 which is a 365 70.7cc saw that can be made to 372 with removal of transfer restrictor.

I think your right. I knew it was red something.

The first new saw I bought was a 45 Husky. I ran that thing hard for years and the only thing that gave me trouble was the cheap ass oiler would wear out repeatedly. Probably still be going if my stepson didn't mix the gas jugs up. I should send for a new piston and get it going, as it didn't hurt the cylinder.

Speaking of, on the base it is a plastic rubber gasket. Think just a layer of 3 bond on the gasket or pull it out if there is clearance and what , just put some sealant there?

looks like the year range is 2004-2009 correct me if im wrong. all the 05 guys that have made posts seem to have no issues with their saw so maybe it was fixed the following year to their first release.

sorry didnt mean it like that with the stihl lovers comments its just funny how die hard some people are about their stihl or husky.

We don't really do stihl vs husky here. We are more into sharp chains on whatever suits you best.

We've seen so much good work done with different brands of saws, it kind of opens you up to the possibility. :lol: The bad work vids, who pays attention to the saws?

There is good ones and bad ones made by every brand. I also say dont care what brand is. Tools aka chainsaws are only as good as the owners behind them doing their maintenance and upkeep. JMO.

So far go him down to $500 going to check it out bringing a compression tester with me just for a little insurence i know it doesnt tell me everything about the saw but ever little bit counts when you buy used learned the hard way too many times.

So i bought the saw was able to get it for $450 has a 26 inch bar and a new chain unfortunatly he rocked the chain out pretty bad so i had to sharpen the crap out of it other wise looks pretty clean. tested compression and its on the lower side then i wanted at 150 psi. just did a couple test cuts after sharpening the chain cuts really good was able to cut through 25 inch douglas fir with ease. was wondering if anyone knows what the high and low settings on the card are supossed to be set at? and should I run a full ship or a semi skip chain (it will be a fire wood saw mostly). it has some hours on it so i think the bottom end issues that i read about are not in this saw as it should have blown up awhile back. thankx guys for all the support

Back