Husqvarna 575 xp carb settings ?????

Shane

TreeHouser
does anyone know the high and low settings on the carb for this saw. when i went to tune the saw the high was 1.5 turns out and the low was 1 turn out. however the only site i could find any info on said the high should be at 3 turns out and the low to be 1.5 turns out. if anyone knows if thats the correct setting i would love to know or knows the right setting. its a used saw i just got and everything else checks out but that i just dont want to lean it out. thanks guys.

Most times it's 1 1/2 turns out on both, then tune it in from there. It's not uncommon for the L to be in a little more on some of the newer saws because they tend to flood when changing from the L to H valve. It will bog down when you try to accelerate.
I'm not sure what the RPM's are on that saw, I'll try and find out, but I normally tune by ear anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thats the same site i used i just reset it back to what it came as im nervous about leaning it out too much. anything you can find out would be really helpful though thank you very much

If it's going to lean out it will be on the high side under WOT, if it's racing like a banshee while idling, then it's too lean, but I don't worry much about the L side, get the transition from idle to WOT smooth, keep it from racing at idle and call it good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well it says high 3 and when i got the saw it was set to 1.5 so i moved it to 2 and well it has a half turn lock on it so im going to keep it there and play at bit i did noticed that it climbed rpm a lot smother and faster when i was at 2 turns out . pulled the muffler to look at the piston and cylinder and they look great no scortching on the exhaust side and the cylinder looked nice and smooth no scratches. im at sea level if that help and where i bought it from would be like 1000ft elevation so im wondering if thats why it was set up a bit rich. what do you think about putting a new ring in it for a freshen up?? tested at 145 psi.

I wouldn't even think about ringing it yet! For all you know it's not even broken in yet!
Elevation can make a difference, he may have bought it from a shop that didn't know how to set it up properly? If you are within the limiters, with a stock saw, I'd say you are plenty safe! Put that sucker in some wood and don't stress about it so much! If it's lean on the L side, it will be racing like a banshee with the chain spinning all the time! Really, I think you are fine, run it a while, tweak as you run it to get it to suit your wants and be happy!
I don't even think about rings until they drop BELOW 125PSI.

Back