Hunting 2014

Btw, Maine voted not to repeal the current bear hunting laws, good news to most people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good news for sportsmen everywhere. I jumped out of bed to I read the results the other day. HSUS needed to get Maine under its belt and get momentum to keep the ball rolling in other states. That win would have been a nail in the coffin for VT and NH too. The tree hugging transplants in both of those states have a lot of power if not more then native sportsmen in those states. HSUS knows that. Maine was necessary as a big notch in the belt to move forward to other states.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jGYCHfyOty4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's not hunting. Just extermination, by some "good" ol boys.

As a land owner I understand how someone would feel when it comes to hogs. Ifn those boys were doing it for funsies, well, I dont condone that.

Sometimes however, state, federal, even local regulations come into play and leave a landowner helpless. Time to blow up, poison, burn out, ect......

Probably not the case with these guys, as hogs seem to be universally hated.

Game management on these big ranches has a lot to do with overpopulation any way. They post the land so they can change eastern and western dudes big money to kill a deer or a hog. The locals are verboten. When the animal popultaion gets too high the land owners cry and get govt help controlling the problem.

It is no different than someone enjoying the sound of mosquitos or flies hitting a bug zapper.

I'm not about to elevate one animal's moral value above another's. A roach, a rat or a whale, they are all animals. Blow up a covey of Chihuahuas though and you'll end up cell mates with some bad dudes. Even though we have a large hog population, I don't hate hogs, I like to hunt and eat them, but I do understand other's feelings about them. It all depends on your point of view and what you're looking for. As Jim said, hogs do have some financial value, not as much as a big whitetail, but selling some hog hunts can make up for some of the feed they consume.

Well said, Limbrat.

And laughing at the hogs getting blown up shows to me those guys are classless low lives, imho.

Got some snow weekend of closing deer....we got close to getting a little 3x2, but no cigar...fun times though!

Forestry locked gate with no turn around room...love the 4x4!

Just loved the all weather 77/44...got her drenched in rain and snow..no worries ;)

Yes, 240's XTP on that hunt but more recently Ive been using Hornady 265ers with 23.2 gr H110...better groups with more energy!

Nice. That has a rotary mag right? Did you have to mess with seating depth to get them to work or are the cannelures in the right place on the bigger bullet?

yep rotary magazine 4 rounds...5 total with one in the chamber

cannelures in the same place on heavier bullets, seating depths the same...a heavier grain bullet means less powder capacity in case

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That rifle makes me want one. They're flying a little better out of a rifle barrel then I guessed they would. I go through phases with calibers that get my attention. 9 years ago I was all into making bullets fly ultra fast. A few different phases since then. Right now I'm in a heavy and slow phase. That big bear I killed last fall was with a win 94 30-30 with a 170 Sierra flat nose and a RUDE serving of powder under it. I have to look at the load to recall the powder. Anyways, that bullet went inside and straight the hell out the other through bones and such. So that started my current affair I'm having with fat and slow calibers.

Back