Ht 131

sotc

Dormant hero!!
Does anyone have an IPL for the ht131? Mine has stopped oiling. I stripped it down last night but cannot find an oil pump!

Most of the earlier ones quit oiling because the pickup got plugged. The newer ones have been redesigned but can still plug up. Take the oil tank off and it's right there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did, took it off, ran brake cleaner into both ends, put fresh, warm bar oil back in and ran 4 minutes, no sign of oil

Hmmmm I see now they dont have the powerhead there. So what is the model # on the saw head part?

C4F, thanks for that, I will print and save it but it doesn't seem to show anything other than how long it takes to test and replace the oil pump. Is there another part to the PDF?

I can't find anything written but it shouldn't be very difficult to disassemble the head. The pump is just a very basic centrifugal type I believe. Been a few years since I messed with one.

Just when I thot I was getting over being sick :barf:, Thanks Nick!

By the way, the 131 outcuts ANY power pole I have used by a long shot;)

I think the head configuration might be one of these Willie.. It will show you a few different set ups for the oiler.. Still searching for the 131 specific. Should be around page 27...

Attachments

• et_combitools_01_30.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Thanks for that, Stephen. I didn't have the IPL for my HT101 and that covers the head, and the one you posted earlier covers the extendable shaft. :thumbup:

Most excellent! Now I just gotta figure out how to get that funny looking thing outta there. Just looked like nothing when I sprayed it out and looked up in there. Thank you sir

YVW Willie.. Sorry it took me so long to find what I had. I saw a PDF link for the HT 131 over at AS when I did a google search also. Since I am not a member, I can not retrieve the file. So I do not know if it is still a good link or not. If anyone can pull it, please save the file and post it here as I can add it to my collection :D

I found it there too but it was the same as page 18 only blurry and without a list. The other link never would open

So I couldn't get the oil pump out for some reason but was able to spin it backwards and blow some bubbles out, concocted a slurry to put back in the gear box and finger tightened it. Nedd to go back and lock her down now and try it out. The pic looking up through the hole is the bottom view of the oil pump that I had looked at the first time and couldn't figure out.
Also have the boxer gutted

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0273 (2).jpg
    IMG_0273 (2).jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0274 (2).jpg
    IMG_0274 (2).jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 14
You better clean up the inside of the boxer!

Reminds me of my engine removal, wish that thread was still around, a lot of part numbers where going around.

Looks like fun......!

I have run 4 cans of brake clean through it today! Looking better now, but i'm not into waxing!

Yup, that's the single biggest issue I have here. Too many times history just gets wiped out because it isn't deemed important. Every other forum I'm on has every thread back to their inception and they are searchable. But between the deletions, host swaps and everything else we can't even search for anything more than a few months old. :(

Spray it with silicone spray. This stuff is for MX bikes, but I'm hooked on hard to reach spaces, and plastic. Works great on chainsaws, under the hood plastics, everything plastic really. Water beads off, and smells like sexy woman.

Regular silicone does the job too.

accessories-maxima-lubricant-oil-cleaner-sc1-silicone-detailer.jpg

Back