How'd it go today?

Saturday I tried to put a 90' pine tree into an 82' spot. Took out the power lines and started a small fire which burned until something popped further up the line and the wire went dead. Then I backed into a stone pillar backing out of the yard and broke it off at the base.

Yesterday I had a crown fall off a back tooth.

Today I got a red light camera ticket in the mail.

Things were going so good for so long that these recent streaks of misfortune are really bumming me out.

It's going around....I was backing up my trailer this weekend...helper...a normally very competent guy said, "four feet"...it was four feet to the obstacle. I am slowly backing, checking mirrors (can't see behind my trailer). Next thing he says is "whoa" as I feel a bump. Yep...backed my trailer into the hitch of the trailer I was trying to get mine near. He went from "four feet" to "whoa"....I'm cussing myself for not being smart enough to just handle it all myself. I already have a backup camera on my truck...love it. I may get one to put on my trailer that links to my phone. Just Damn.

Damn, Brian. Take a break for a day if you can.

Did your man show after the no show/ no call?

If I was working needing precision all day today, I woulda been screwed, but working on the lot clearing has a lot of fudge room, well, enough. Was a bit off on a cut or two, but just pruned two 1" branches on the new street trees.

Happy to have cleared the broken maple early in the day. When I shot a line over the broken piece at the beginning of the project, I also got the support tree. No pulling that down. I didn't want to climb out to uncinch it. Tried to dump both together. The support maple tree didn't bend a thick hinge (would been safe it it split), the broken maple, maybe 30-35' piece pivoted in the cinched and base-tied off rope, the support tree stood up a bit, and the broken piece came loose, dropping into the open. After that was done, the rest had some fudge room.

I"ll hope not to break the cedar tomorrow when felling. Nice wood! Lotta stumps.

The net is out at my house typing via phone. Started a month long possibly more thirty year old pine plantation removal. No real logs so it's all chipper food.

That winching musta made your heart soar like an eagle;)

Sure did. We had a lot of looky loos since we were on the edge of the county park. The smalls were some of the best. Toss onto tarp, clip tarp corners onto rope, watch the whole thing rise and float to the side of the chipper. Smooooooth.

Apparently the high pressure system that has been hanging over Southern Scandinavia and giving us wonderful dry weather ( plus killing all the trees we've planted and stopped my hay from growing) will stay for another week.
So we made a fast decicion today and decided to take a motorcycle company trip to Norway.
So thursday morning we'll drive to the west coast and catch the ferry for Norway, then drive up to Sognefjorden and look at some great landscape.
Be back sunday evening, all rested up and ready to go back to work.:D

So I was doing some after work deadwooding on these snarly old oaks down by the lake. The old timer was chatting my ear off every minute I was on the ground. Finally he wanders into his wood shed and asks me if I'd like a "tip saw".

33036599_1719769761392291_8090323212782534656_n.jpg

33207126_1719770008058933_8974610434468347904_n.jpg

Back