How'd it go today?

I don't the feeling that apparitions are harmful, just stuck.

I wouldn't believe she is 'Okay' out in the dark where she can get killed.

One way to find out is she is a ghost, try to touch her. How far from a house to walk here there? Would a family freak out if an American approached the house with a kid? What are they gonna do, pull out a 12 gauge?

What a trip Jay! I'd probably stop again. If you've already called yours boys at the precinct, then you wouldn't have to worry about accusations. Spooky and cool.

Because I'm actually crazier than I look I'm about to crash and burn after a crazy 26hrs or so.

Yesterday I drove about eleven hours round trip to snag a deal on a horse trailer. Then I slept for one hr, yee haw, and got up at 3:00am and plowed all day.

Over-caffeinated animal right about now.

Hmm I'd post a pic but it'd be sideways and I don't know how to change it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 37
Sean, my intention when I went back the first time I saw the child, was to walk her home. As I mentioned though, no sign of her. Out there by herself it didn't fully register for a minute or two, it being so odd.

If I see her out there again should I stop? A lonely dark section of road....no reply if asked where she lives, but she does say that she is alright.....

(Bringing Mary home)
I was driving down a lonely road on a dark and stormy night
When a little girl by the road side showed up in my head lights
I stopped and she got in the back and in a shaky tone
She said my name is Mary please won't you take me home

She must have been so frightened all alone there in the night
There was something strange about her cause her face was deathly white
She sat so pale and quiet there in the back seat all alone
I never will forget that night I took Mary home

I pulled into the driveway where she told me to go
Got out to help her from the car and opened up the door
But I just could not believe my eyes the back seat was bare
I looked all around the car but Mary wasn't there

A light shown from the porch a woman opened up the door
I asked about the little girl that I was looking for
Then the lady gently smiled and brushed a tear away
She said it sure was nice of you to go out of your way

But thirteen years ago today in a wreck just down the road
Our darling Mary lost her life and we miss her so
So thank you for your trouble and the kindness you have shown
You're the thirteenth one who's been here bringing Mary home
You're the thirteenth one who's been here bringing Mary home

Red Sovine - Bringing Mary Home Lyrics | MetroLyrics

:thumbup: One of the first I learned to sing & play to.

I miss those days learning to play & sing from my Aunts, Uncles, and their friends...

Family musicians are cool! I guess you can only say that when you are old enough to appreciate it. I may take you up on some of those lessons.

Family musicians talking family musicians.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z7iMBBmFlrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have a few basses, a guitar, drums, and an accordion. I am gonna start cruising the pawn shops for some saxophones and trumpets and such. I hope if the kids have instruments laying around that they will be interested, especially when they hear dad play. Mom played piano but we were not a family that would sit down and play something together. I hope to change that. A buddy of mine has nine or ten kids ( i cant remember exactly) and they all play, pretty cool.

nice trailer Squish! Katy was asking what kinda deal ya got on it to drive that far for it :lol:

Today was NUTZ.
Woke up to a dying cat. Lilly's little kitty took a turn for the worse and we all felt it was her last day today... It was while I was at work. I almost took the day off as she was having such a hard time with her kitty being so ill.
Kat stayed home to keep an eye on the kitty and to make all the arrangements to pick up the car from the body shop. Rental was supposed to be returned today as well. So I was going to work some, then meet her in town at 3 PM to get it all done.
WELLLLLLLL........
I get to the job and nuttin goes right. Not hitting my crotch.. Finally hit crotch and get line stuck.. Pull line out with truck. Get the next shot...
Rigging about gave me the same grief shooting it in. Save for snagging the line.
I was having asthma troubles so I did not want to have to fetch it. Told Rob on our way out.. "let's run light, never mind the Wraptor as I am on gaffs anyway.". Well I forgot my TIP and rigging was going to be in the tree that stays out of three. DOH!
So I have to get a large top hanger out. Basically the littler tree broke in half. Just could not get a good position on it. Probably due to my asthma. My patience was shot. Probably worried too much about home and Lilly.
Started rigging it out, first pick went ok.. Tough placement to cut, but ok. Second pick Rob lands right on a bush we have been working all these removals around. Trying to save it. HO pruned it all nice. Broke it off just above ground.. Crap!
Get the little bastard tree down and re-access the situation. Only an hour left before we have to run me back to town, I called it. Have to come back anyway and the next tree is cake.
Run to town and get all the banking done to find out I made a mistake in my ledger. Not terrible, but I was feeling more secure thinking I had more money to work with this week :( Again... With everything I was feeling and lack of air, it seemed larger.
Had to buy a new inhaler as the last one is giving me issues.
Katy finally catches up with me at the bank and the kitty passed away. Kids are having a tough time of it. More Seth than the other two. Crikey!
Off to the car wash and then the body shop.
Get to the body shop and start noticing the car that is all "done" is not. The dude thinks it is, but there is an obvious issue with the DS A arm (cracked and broken, wheel 2" towards the back vs the PS front). and the broken fog lamp on one side is replaced behind the new bumper but not the DS one. I ask "why did not replace?" His response was "we only thought the one side of the vehicle was an issue". I ask, "did you even check the alignment?". Him, "uhhh no, just the toe in on the PS." I show him I can only put little more than 1 finger between the DS wheel and bottom of fender where as the PS I can damn near fit 3. I ask, "did you test drive the car to see if it had any further suspension or mechanical issues?". Him, "ummm, sort of, we drove is from out of the shop to under the car port.". Basically a U turn of 20 foot radius by my observation.
I ask, "you are aware that the tire on the DS rubs the fender well when you hit the brakes on the road since the A arm is busted and bent as the tire then moves rear ward?". him, "well, we had it up on the rack and did not see any real issues, nor did the adjuster." IC I say......
Well... we are now supposed to return the rental car the insurance does not want to pay any more for and our car is not road worthy.
Left the car there.. he is ordering the parts (I am so taking more pictures when he is done and Kat is really gonna leave a detailed review for this dude on FB and Yelp). We went to the Insurance agent and we got people at Farmers on the phone to get this shat resolved. They still don't want to pay for the rental any further, but I think our agent and I will fix that little issue. Need less to say.. This day sucked donkey dong but is manageable. Kids are doing ok now that I am home. I wish I had some beer but fug it.. I am on a budget....
Some days, you should just stay home.

Got way outside of my comfort zone today. Big declining ash removal, lots of skinny, high angle, spur work. I worked through it, but it certainly wasn't fun. Hopefully I get that J.R. tree climber merit badge soon.

That blows Stephen. Days over, feet up. What kind of inhaler do you use? Prescription I hope. My daily Advair is awesome. It really keeps the albuterol to a min. Hope you've got your breath back, that feeling sucks!

Gotcha. Those things are, forgive me as I don't recall why, not good for your asthma at all. Something to do with the way they dial ate the bronchioles.

Back