How'd it go today?

We don't have cliffs in Louisiana.

When I say I'd love to do it, that means being on rope the entire time. Free climbing is NUTZ!!!

We don't have cliffs in Louisiana.

When I say I'd love to do it, that means being on rope the entire time. Free climbing is NUTZ!!!

from rockclimbing.com: The following is Rock "N" Road's (giant 50 state guide book overview) description of Louisiana.
"Which of the following best completes this sentance: Louisiana is to climbing
a) As Pee Wee Herman is to pro wrestling
b) As France is to beer
c) As Roseanne is to dieting
d) All of the above

Face it, Louisiana is composed of floodplain deposits from the Mississippi River, not rock.....other than that, the climbing is solely on private backyard climbing walls."

Free climbing involves a rope.......free solo is you and your shoes

Take a road trip up here.....I help you check it off your bucket list.

Alex Honnold ascends "free climbs" Yosemite's Half Dome.

I think it's rated as 5.12a

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1jwwagtaQ&feature=youtu.be.

Quick explanation of the rating system:
The system consists of five classes indicating the technical difficulty of the hardest section. Class 1 is the easiest and consists of walking on even terrain. Class 5 is climbing on vertical or near vertical rock, and requires skill and a rope to proceed safely. Un-roped falls would result in severe injury or death. Originally, Class 6 was used to grade aid climbing. However, the separate A (aid) rating system became popular instead.
The original intention was that the classes would be subdivided decimally, so that a route graded 4.5 would be a scramble halfway between 4 and 5, and 5.9 would be the hardest rock climb. Increased standards and improved equipment meant that climbs graded 5.9 in the 1960s are now only of moderate difficulty. Rather than regrade all climbs each time standards improve, additional grades were added at the top – originally only 5.10, but it soon became apparent that an open-ended system was needed, and further grades of 5.11, 5.12, etc. were added.
While the top grade was 5.10, a large range of climbs in this grade were completed, and climbers realized a subdivision of the upper grades were required. Letter grades were added for climbs at 5.10 and above, by adding a letter "a" (easiest), "b", "c" or "d" (hardest).
The system originally considered only the technical difficulty of the hardest move on a route. For example a route of mainly 5.7 moves but with one 5.11b move would be graded 5.11b and a climb that consisted of 5.11b moves all along its route, would also be 5.11b. Modern application of climbing grades, especially on climbs at the upper end of the scale (>5.10) also consider how sustained or strenuous a climb is, in addition to the difficulty of the single hardest move.

Re-cert'd my ISA today. Just slid in under the wire. Lol. ISA cert arb is big up here. Gotta have it. I was digging the Dendro online quizzes to catch up my missing CEUs. That's Guy(Treelooker) that writes those isn't it?

Re-cert'd my ISA today. Just slid in under the wire. Lol. ISA cert arb is big up here. Gotta have it. I was digging the Dendro online quizzes to catch up my missing CEUs. That's Guy(Treelooker) that writes those isn't it?

:thumbup:

Yep, that's Guy. Detective Dendro.

Clearing house service lines yesterday and today, power company is doing the rounds and checking up.:D That's the sixth job in two weeks.

Re-cert'd my ISA today.

:thumbup:

Dropped more dead Ash today While the other guys worked on the peace of crap rental bobcat. Couldn't get machines in the woods today where I cut but did manage to fill my truck with firewood logs from the other side of the site. Giving it to a financially challenged friend who's running out of wood for heat.

We has a bad couple of storms run through this way a couple of weeks ago now. Just starting to get on top of the clean-up. Wind blown, hung-up trees & hangers get tiring.
Ready for a holiday

Was to be a rain day but a emergency came in at 7: broken top hung in another over the car and corner of house. Down by 8:30. Right next door to three small removals on my list a few weeks out. Got them tossed in the truck and home by 1/2 time for the price is right.

Storms rolling through here the next few days. Winds are really picking up. Went out and burned some slash piles and we are about all caught up on our burning from last year. Soon we can start cutting again. Rained us out about 1/2 through the day. Just wet enough and had enough so we called it. Nice to be able to collect a check today as we have been just sending out billing for over two weeks now.
4H tonight and then I can rest ,... Just burned another pile near the cross roads on the property. That one was bugging me... Good to have it gone.

Ha! image.jpg

It's going on the engine stand probably tonight as I just picked up all my parts I'd ordered today. Rear main exhaust manifolds, and on and on. But more of a project now.

Sorry I don't know how to change the pics around. Pretty much stopped posting pics.

Not a very active day here. A bit of organizing & a firewood delivery. Yaawwn...and of course a nap...

Gotta see how my first real footage will turn out.

two hours, $300 in trade to my mechanic, put on ground only, 5 maples near the road, easy peasy, just don't smash the wife's Sourwood.

Got orthotic castings done this morning. Acupuncture after that. I had a talk with the doc/ accupuncturist about junky sluts. How about that? Hollywood, Mylee Cyrus. Talked about climbing industrial towers, wingsuits, etc. An interesting deal.

Wish my day looked that nice. Finished up the job I got rained out on last Fri 7 oaks all slight lean to the garage on all. Took the long branches via rigging and pulled them to to the lay. Also three palm trims. TGIF :beer:

Back