How'd it go today?

Yep, I bought her the car. Well, I paid for half and financed half, and then were taking turns makings the payments on it. She's been through a lot and it was great to see her face light up when she picked it out. Pretty much gave herself a headache getting so excited about it. She won't let me call it her car, she calls it our car. She'll take extremely good care of it and it'll last her at least 12-15 years, if not more. She was super excited when we got home to show it off to her family and take them around the block.

Little more than we were looking to spend, it cost $16k, but only 42k miles, very well maintained, very safe, which was a big seller since she has Lailah now. Like I said, I figure since she'll take such good care of it it'll last her a really long time and it was worth the extra cash.

Kinda awkward, our parents kept asking us when we're getting married and were like nooooo, that's wayyyy down the line haha.

Yep, pretty much. And yea Butch, my name will always be on the title as well, since I financed it. She won't let me take it off after its paid for.

Nasty!
Still 10 meters are better than none.:)
Bad maintenance in parks is not just a Russian thing, last year a tree fell in the main park in Copenhagen and killed a man.

Nasty!
Still 10 meters are better than none.:)
Bad maintenance in parks is not just a Russian thing, last year a tree fell in the main park in Copenhagen and killed a man.

This oak is familiar to me long ago, and many times I have offered it to cut down, but the park administration has deferred the matter ...His wife and son are very impressed .. In Russia we say: "It is good that ends well."))

Spent the whole day writing reports and invoicing, it's now 22:00 in Scotland so I'm having a Jack Daniels before hitting the sack!

Enjoy! It's not quite time for libations for me... fixing to knock out 5 miles on the treadmill...

I got SOAKED, dripping soaking wet on Friday...a cold front came through and a little low developed on it with a severe thunderstorm cell and dumped like 4" in an hr...I saw it coming, could feel the cold air, only 8' up a little mahogany, I thought, I have time to finish before it gets here, little rain never hurt...well didn't the heavens open, water was gushing down that tree in about six spots, like someone left the bath taps on full! Shoes, sock, underwear , rope, harness, EVERYTHING, drenched. I don't do rain!!!
Had to break out the emergency t-shirt and coveralls.
One of the panamax size cruise ships moored out at Dockyard popped all its mooring lines and crashed into the one in front, dented then up a bit...they got 50kn gusts out there.

Haha. Do they have a monsoon season there? I remember, in the P.I., the rain... it's like the drops are bigger orrrrr something.

Been trying to kick a sinus infection for a while now. Antibiotics don't seem to be working.

Been doing a small vitamin c routine now. That seems to have been keeping the infection from getting worse. But I'm ready to be done with it. Read about how folks upped there c dosage up to 15-20 grams a day and it knocked out the infection.
Any one have suggestions or warnings

Cool looking car, Adrian. I guess your friend is a new single mom. Hope that things go well for her, a recent big change in her life. Having the support from you guys is a fine start.

Back