How'd it go today?

Funny how people can interpret things differently. I have a metal sculptor friend, and some of his outdoor creations have received awards. I have another friend that is a highly skilled welder and metal fabricator, and he will ask me about the sculptures, "When is he going to clear out that

junk?" :lol:

We played with some braided, super skinny line with the bigshot today, pulling off a big dead limb on an old growth doug-fir that was sitting over a parking area. It was the lowest limb at 100', then a little higher to a partially broken/ partially attached and green limb at about 120'. My highest shot to date, and luckily annd/ or skillfully made each one the first time. I used a horse panic snap from the feed store for a release, and pulled that pouch all the way down the 8' pole.

The rats nests that formed in the little line were a pain, but saved us from having to take the time to climb the tree, allowing us to get to another park.

We are looking to buy a fishing line reel and need suggestions. Sherrill and Wesspur offer a Zebco closed-face reel for $54. Anybody use this one, or another?

We played with some braided, super skinny line with the bigshot today, pulling off a big dead limb on an old growth doug-fir that was sitting over a parking area. It was the lowest limb at 100', then a little higher to a partially broken/ partially attached and green limb at about 120'. My highest shot to date, and luckily annd/ or skillfully made each one the first time. I used a horse panic snap from the feed store for a release, and pulled that pouch all the way down the 8' pole.

The rats nests that formed in the little line were a pain, but saved us from having to take the time to climb the tree, allowing us to get to another park.

We are looking to buy a fishing line reel and need suggestions. Sherrill and Wesspur offer a Zebco closed-face reel for $54. Anybody use this one, or another?

Dude make an air cannon. If you have an air hookup on the truck you dont even have to pump it. its controlled, no tension like the big shot...way better.

Our Alpine kidded this afternoon. Only one kid...a doe. We think she's a cutie, though. This is our first Alpine kid, and we were surprised at her size. She arrived bigger than the Nubians are right now, and they're 8 days old!

540e3de1.jpg

38e47f44.jpg

Nick, you are really on to something there, as we do have an air line on the truck for cleaning stuff, run from the air brakes tank. I'll propose the idea tomorrow. We do have to be more reserved in making our own gear as we work for the Guv'mint. Where did that thread on air cannons go?

i miss my goats. boer/saanen crosses.

worked on restoring three big(for around here) chinese elms today. they were topped/severely pruned many years ago and were full of deadwood, stubs and crowded branches. lots of limbwalking. a late day due to the 2hr round trip, but fun, and the trees turned out real nice.

I hope MB doesn't mind I borrow his terminology, but I like how he put it once.

Today I got to take mistletoe out of a couple old friends and then make a new one :)
Of course the mistletoe was alllllllll the wayyyyyyy up in the top... :lol:
This oak is about 85 foot... Old friend.
IMG_20120308_163010.jpg
This one about 65...
P3070016.jpg
New friend :)
Before
P3070015.jpg
After (camera ate some of my pics... :X )
P3070017.jpg IMG_20120308_152923.jpg

Meanwhile Rob started working his way through the brush to the next set of rocks and next oak to prune...
I'll probably go back by next week or maybe this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20120308_152900.jpg
    IMG_20120308_152900.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 7
  • P3070014.jpg
    P3070014.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 5
Nice, Stephen.
You know, after visiting you, I really enjoy your pictures so much more.
I love the area you live in.

Need I say more?

Haunted job, every time I am at this guys property the Thomas dies. Last year was a torque motor, this year stripped splines on the pump/and engine side. (Andy did a nice write up on fixing it but that was multiple deleted Treehouses ago).

Harlan was working a few miles away, so I helped him on his job, then he brought his Kubota over and we loaded the Thomas into my truck.

Dave fixed me up right though, parts ordered, should be here next week!

Attachments

• DSC00524.jpg
    DSC00524.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 15
Back