How'd it go today?

@Knotorious Dude, that SUCKS! What a terrible thing for someone to do. It hurts more than just the intended target. I hope for a quick resolution for you with this. I’m sure it will blow over, like John said.

@Burnham Did you keep the 1/3 portions after you dropped the weight? I’ve heard you can become accustomed to smaller meals and get full with less.

I believe the Turkey Hill Choco Mint Chip ice cream is the main culprit and I will NOT partake in its dopamine flooding goodness for quite some time. It’s a little challenging in the evenings with it in the freezer and seeing my son eat it. I’m embarrassed to tell you all how much of it I ate a week.

Not really. Once I got my hip healed up, and the leg muscles that had atrophied built back up, which took about a year, my increased activity level seems to have upped my metabolism enough to allow me to eat about what I was accustomed to before.

I'll back off from time to time if I see that my weight has crept up a few pounds ( I step on a digital scale every morning after my shower, no clothes to complicate the issue, and jot down the weight). Usually, a week of lighter servings brings me back to the 143-146 range without much trouble.

I expect the significant decrease in alcohol intake that is my norm now, for about a year or so, helps with maintaining my weight where I like it to be. But when I was getting after losing the 20ish pounds, I was still having a couple of scotches every night, so even with that, it's doable.

Oh, and to clarify @Treeaddict ...I cut back BY 1/3, not to 1/3 portions. So, I was having 2/3 the size servings as previously.

Last edited:
I believe the Turkey Hill Choco Mint Chip ice cream is the main culprit and I will NOT partake in its dopamine flooding goodness for quite some time. It’s a little challenging in the evenings with it in the freezer and seeing my son eat it. I’m embarrassed to tell you all how much of it I ate a week.
It's a little known fact that everything is a single serving size. Container of ice cream, box of cookies, bag of chips... Doesn't matter what the weight says, all single serving :^D I try not to buy much of that stuff, and I tryy to keep it in the winter months, though I will get the occasional ice cream in the summer. Snickers ice cream bars taste better than anything has a right to taste :^D

Killed a pine, looked at a ten acre clearing job that will eat up the whole month of June. Then I made Philly cheese steaks in a pot. Trying to figure out video calling with the girls. Looks like I may have to go back that way soon, as apparently I need to chase off a creepy neighbor. Here's the view for this evening.

20240501_181118.jpg

First off Knotty, well done on you to recognize you needed professional help to navigate the truly awfulness that has befallen you.
Please folks, don't blow this off, people are trying to help by saying, it's nothing it will all blow over and no-one will remember.
That completely diminishes the real distress Knotty is experiencing. That woman has perpetrated something disgraceful, beyond the pale.
Acknowledge his distress, rage with him if you want, allow him the space to vent...just 'be' for him.
How it all plays out will be his journey.
Knotty, get legal advice, can her ass.

Last edited:
First off Knotty, well done on you to recognize you needed professional help to navigate the truly awfulness that has befallen you.
Please everyone, don't blow this off, people are trying to help by saying, it's nothing it will all blow over and no-one will remember.
That completely diminishes the real distress Knotty is experiencing. That woman has perpetrated something disgraceful, beyond the pale.
Acknowledge his distress, rage with him if you want, allow him the space to vent...just 'be' for him.
How it all plays out will be his journey.
Knotty, get legal advice, can her ass.
Thanks, @Bermy! I really needed to hear that! It's really therapeutic/helpful to have my feelings and my traumatic experience fully validated.

Because, honestly, this certainly will blow over given some time, but the experience, itself, will forever be traumatic for me. It will be a long time before I no longer feel judged by every single recipient of that horrid photo collage/disgusting doxing of pictures that were meant for one single person only. Not to mention how much it has embarrassed my poor, innocent parents. And I have a lot of guilt because of that...I can't help but feel responsible somehow...but, logically, I know I did nothing wrong...and my sister keeps telling me that as well.

I'm definitely going to be pursuing legal action. Only problem is that I don't have a lot of money. But there's so much evidence against my psycho ex girlfriend that I hope I can find a lawyer to do it pro bono for a percentage of any damages. But this affected my parents as well, so they might be willing to pay for a lawyer to smite this crazy b*tch. I haven't spoken with them since it happened. I couldn't deal with the drama and them freaking out while I was in the psych hospital. I have guilt about that as well, but I had to focus on myself. Calling them tomorrow. We'll see what transpires.

Thanks again, @Bermy. You're awesome. =-D

As for @Knotorious (who apparently now speaks in the third person), he's been away for a week at the hospital. My ex girlfriend did something indescribably awful to me and I began experiencing insane amounts of anxiety and a strong urge to drink alcohol. I decided it would be wise to go to a psychiatric hospital for a short while in order to deal with what happened and to prevent myself from drinking, to cope with my immense emotional distress, and to get help from professionals with experiencing my negative emotions in a safe and positive environment.

My ex had reached out to me, hoping to be friends after not speaking to one another since I dumped her crazy ass this past December. I stupidly gave her a chance, but I quickly decided that I wanted nothing to do with her after she betrayed me months ago. I used some very strong language to tell her how I felt and instead of just accepting it and leaving me alone, she decided she would create a massive group text (containing the numbers of every single group text she had ever been invited into during our seven years together) and sent a collage containing very sensitive photos of me, along with my full name, phone number and address (it was a sadistic art project from the mind of a psycho b*tch). Photos that I had trusted her to keep private.

As a result, everyone from my cousins, to my aunt, to my parents, to my old au pair who took care of me as a child, to my sister, and to probably six of my parent's neighbors and friends, etc. received this collage containing multiple private, sensitive photos of me. Not only has this literally traumatized me, and thoroughly embarrassed me, but my poor parents -- who had nothing to do with this -- are now thoroughly traumatized and embarrassed because so many of their neighbors received the pictures. Before I went to the hospital, my father called me in a state of distress beyond what I've ever heard from him in a very long time, stating that it was "the worst day of his life." My mom, also horrified, said she felt like she wants to move now.

So, yeah. I'm not in a good place right now. Easily the single most traumatic thing that's ever happened to me and the fact that my ex has involved my parents makes me beyond enraged. Long story short, I am getting a restraining order against my ex, and then getting the best lawyer I can find and filing a lawsuit against her. Also going to be speaking with the police to see if I can press charges.

The upside is that my ex girlfriend was EXCEPTIONALLY careless and I can prove that she was behind the text (which she sent from a random number) EXTREMELY easily because she made multiple threats to do this towards the end of our relationship through text message, and also threatened to do this via text two days prior to actually doing it, and there is also proof in the form of multiple email exchanges before and after it happened.

Anyways, you all are like family and I really needed to get this out there and see if maybe any of you guys and gals have some suggestions for how to address this from angles that I haven't yet considered. She thinks she's bulletproof. This crazy b*tch is a freaking school teacher! I would never in my life consider doing something so heinous to anyone! No matter how much I might abhor them. At a minimum, aside from it possibly being criminal, I can sue for defamation of character and emotional distress. And not just me, it's my parents as well who have become the innocent victims of a sociopathic, psychotic ex girlfriend.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I'm shaking right now as I relive this shit. Nobody should ever have to go through something like this. NOBODY deserves this. My parents and I DEFINITELY did not deserve this.
You previously posted that she died in December.

You previously posted that she died in December.
I did. That turned out to be her psycho friend f*cking with me, who texted me after my blowout fight with my girl telling me she died and that she would give me a funeral date. My girlfriend had me blocked at the time, so I had no means of confirming it. My girlfriend claims she had no part in it, but I highly doubt that. I actually thought my ex-girlfriend died for an excruciating week. Then she reached out to me and I was like, wtf. So much insanity over the last few months. My emotions have been toyed with exceptionally.

You're very observant. Nothing gets past you, @Mick!

Last edited:
You can't make this shit up. My life feels like a f*cking soap opera. Except, unlike a soap, there's nothing entertaining about this experience. Not that soaps are actually entertaining lol

It's more like a nightmare. I thought I knew this girl after seven years. But she was a sociopath in hiding...and a certifiable piece of shit...who hangs out with people just a batshit and dangerous as she is.

Last edited:
Hopefully you can understand why I was too embarrassed to update the forum on how I got duped by two psychopaths. Sort of hard to explain, but now I suppose I had to.

My back was starting to feel better yesterday. Not good, but the progression was encouraging. Went to bed last night, and must've done something crazy like turn over. Woke up at 2:30 to electric pain. Got up, made a breakfast sandwich, and went back to bed. Wokeup for work feeling like crap, went in and did a couple small jobs, and now I'm back home in bed. Sore back and sore hip. The pain seems to go into my hip sockets; feels like I've spent a couple hours thigh locking a tree. Usually I'd say it's due to being tense and trying to support everything with my lower body, but today I haven't moved enough for that to really be in play. Not sure what that's about, but it's *very* uncomfortable. Just a dull relentless pain that can't be improved by changing positions or anything :^/

I have not. I don't completely trust them, and I forget about it all when everything's good. I'd knife someone that more than gently brushed me when it's bad.

John, I feel your pain. As this is day four for me - threw my back out Monday morning. It was already tentative after the seven hour drive back from Rhode Island. A simple move to the left and spasms brought me to my knees. Thought it was getting better yesterday and all I did was go food shopping and last night was torture. Up from about 3a to 6a before it eased enough to sleep more. Lower back pain strongly radiating from the sore-to-touch iliac crests to spine which points to iliolumbar ligament tear, possibly.

If there’s anyone on here who believes all that, make yourself known.
I have a bridge you might like to buy.
@Mick! I really honestly don't care about what you think about my honesty. I know I'm telling the truth and so I can live with myself today. Do you think I'm attention seeking and making up stories to get sympathy from people I barely know? I came here to vent. If I were so inclined, I could readily provide prove everything in the form of text and email communications, along with my discharge paperwork from the psych hospital. But it's not worth my time or effort.

What would I have to gain by fabricating two insane life experiences, half a year apart, to a group of tree surgeons I barely know? What the ever loving f*ck do you think I would gain from that?

I'll give you a hint: I have nothing to gain from it. Except, I was hoping, some emotional support.

I came here honestly, and earnestly, filled with emotion, seeking to simply get my story out. I did this for myself, not for the forum. The simple act of telling other people has been therapeutic for me, barring your skepticism -- which you've decided was worth sharing with me based on practically no information whatever other than you've chosen to to not take me seriously. If that's your prerogative, my friend, then you're certainly entitled to speak your mind. It's just a bit insensitive is all.

Believe what you want, Mick! Any of you can believe whatever you want about my situation. It's real and it's affecting me quite seriously. It's honestly pretty ridiculous of you to call me a liar based off your "instinct" alone.

I have a "do not care about your presumptions" that you can buy for three easy payments of "zero fucks given."

Last edited:
John and Pat, I sincerely hope you two are healing up quickly. While not an expert, I’ve found protein shakes in the evening helped my back pain which I believe/d to be muscular. I figured it gave my body what it needed to repair itself. I’d also have no problem taking 800mg ibuprofen for a few days to take the edge off. Adequate sleep and protein has kept my back decent for the past few years. Just my 2 cents because I want to do something for you guys but am powerless.

Produced a lot of revenue all week and hit a wall today. There’s always tomorrow. Hit the bike and rode around the community college campus for a bit before hitting the trails. Found a new trail or maybe two but it was getting dark and had to head home. On the way back I had an energy burst after a couple hours of riding and just hauled full speed across bumpy grass. Feels like my body is adjusting slightly after just under 2 weeks.

Well this must be the week for back injuries. I felt something go not right while rolling (sparring) last night and couldn’t sleep because of it. Pain is in the back but occurs when I tense up my abdominal muscles. Could’ve popped a rib out of place or just over exerted that group of muscles that wrap around on the side. I did sleep but not well or very much. Today was a chore of trying to figure out how I could move without aggravating it. The guys picked up my slack and we still completed our jobs. I’m not going to be sparring for a bit now. I don’t need to be injured for my vacation or the holiday weekend shortly after. Sucks getting older.

Sucks getting older.
I was thinking today, if I were given the choice of being 24 for five years, and then dying, or getting the normal indeterminate rest of life with all the problems that entails, I might go for the five year option. Shorter life(maybe), but you'd get to go out on top of the world.

Back