How'd it go today?

A lot lost on that as well Willie!

Looks really good Brian, I am impressed!

Went to PT this morning, I have muscles hurting I didn't even know I had! I get this three times a week for a while, YESSSSS!!!

Employer of sorts Willie contract climber, I had not put it in writing as I wanted to prove myself to them and them to me. It could have worked out as a full time gig supposedly, I told and had agreed on 200 a day my ropes and climbing equipment big saw ect worked two days for them removing road side oak and a pine and started the pine I posted pics of the check was for 250.

I'll Blow my morning steam also, drive 45 min to hear not today on the rest of that pine removal, get home to realize I left my 200 ft bull rope in their truck as I was loading my gear:X and I needed it to do the next job on my list. So yard work it will be!

This is when I shold have known!!
or post #s 23024 and 23026

Last edited:
Today I did the biggest removal I've done in quite a while. A huge oak that had been pruned and pruned over the years until the first limb on the tree was over 50' up. I was only able to reach 3 limbs from the bucket. I ended up climbing the thing, rigging out 6-7 big leads one at a time, then swinging down into the bucket to grab the leads and crane them to the front yard. I also had to plywood highway my way in across 100' of perfect lawn, set up partially under a smaller oak and I had to crane down every last piece of trunk as well. All the wood was set to the side as far in front of the truck as I could reach, then I had to set up again in the front yard to load the trailer. Trailer has the heaviest load I've ever put on it. I think I stripped the tongue jack unhooking the trailer in front of my house, but it was after 6pm and I have no place to dump it until tomorrow.

I'm tired.

The bath room looks good B .You can spend more on bathrooms and kitchens than the whole rest of the house .40 square feet of tile is not cheap but try for 800 like I just finished in Dec .

In other news I got my big thyratron tubes to repair my Monarch lathe .With some luck I'll have by baby in new shoes come afternoon next .:D

Lordy, I hope it was more like kachingkachingkachingkachingkachingkachingkachingkachingkachingkachingkachingkachingkachingkaching. :D

finally back from setting up sound for a concert tomorrow. what a pita. Ancient 32 channel board with wires plugged into every orifice, no one knows what they go to, no one around who has run the system before,:what: controls that don't do what they are supposed to because someone decided to patch something into something else. :|:took 5 hours to get any sound to come out of the main speakers, two out of four band members showed, so I get to run a full sound check tomorrow just before the concert.:roll:

Thanks rsky, Think I got a handle on it finally before I headed home.

Did I hear someone mention Andy?:/:

Helped my dad put a new tub in, my arm is fine, but my bad knee has been killing my the last 2 days. Got an rts on the handle I sent out to cut 4 fun, I gonna resend it tomorrow, but right now I'm self medicating with a bottle of scotch and a half dozen vicodon.

Back