How'd it go today?

I spent most of the day writing estimates. Stopped by tntree Dave's office and picked up my new motor, then spent about 2 hours this evening installing it. Tomorrow I'll break it in.

Thanks again Dave! :thumbup:

my day was great. we both slept in took the day off (its a holiday for Victoria day). had breakfast with the wife, she dropped me off at the sisters to hang with the niece and nephew for a couple hours while she went and rode her horse, she picked me up, we met some friends and their kids at the theater, watched Shrek 3 (pretty fun if you like the franchise) then the two of us went to swiss chalet for dinner and now home to work on three estimates and get my climbing gear ready for tomorrow. I have a puny 20 ' old japanese maple and a dogwood to trim and thenanother site with three broken branches about 30 or so feet up a doug fir to remove. :)

Been gettin' my travel trailer ready to go for some trips (De-winterize and cleaned up). Next months is gonna be busy, busy, busy. Logging shows and some other stuff. My new truck is really gonna come in handy!

Gary

Today me and Taylor (from TB), removed this nasty ass Hackberry.
It had two heavy duty cables in the canopy, 4 heavy truck straps and one chain cinched around the trunk. After I dumped over the butt log and removed all the cinching hardware this is what it looked like.

I landed another job 2 doors down from the job I started today, finish tomorrow, makes 4 jobs I'll knock out (hopefully by tomorrow afternoon) within 5 minutes of each other, good for the profit margins methinks :)

I got to leave the lift, chipper/chip truck at the side by side jobs, the lift is charging off their extention cord from their house, like running the lift for (near) free :)

Damn. I'm lying in bed with a raging fever. I think I've been overdoing it somewhat lately. I'm feeling cold and achey whilst sweat is pouring off me.
Thank goodness for the treehouse to keep me distracted.

Damn. I'm lying in bed with a raging fever. I think I've been overdoing it somewhat lately. I'm feeling cold and achey whilst sweat is pouring off me.
Thank goodness for the treehouse to keep me distracted.

That has nothing to do with "overworking," that's a bug you picked up!!! You've a virus to deal with, probably the flu.

Hope ya feel better Thor.
Been hanging flyers from the car this morning. Came in to eat and then hang flyers on my mountain bike thru parking lots.

We have been waiting to hear back from our CPA about our taxes for some time now. She is an incredible woman who instills a great deal of trust, so we have not been worried, just curious. I finally got someone at her office and found out that Desiree our CPA is in the hospital. She was working hard doing everyone's taxes and got strep. She did a series of antibiotics and thought she was OK. She started to have pain in her thigh and thought it was a hamstring pull. Turns out the strep infection travelled through her blood stream and settled in her hamstring. She has been in the hospital for two weeks and had two surgeries to clean out the infection.

Before she went in she filed a 6 month extension on our taxes so we will have to wait until her coworkers settle out our taxes. I want to buy a new computer. Need to buy is a better description of it. Mine was cutting edge in 1999 and has served me fine but I want to run the latest Quickbooks. Theoretically, I have the money to do it. Business is slow right now with the end of school and vacations approaching.

More tree work done today, this week has the potential to turn out some favorable numbers, only downside is we're getting through work faster and faster, might have to advertise to keep work coming in.

Put 6-7 hours on the mini skid today, my present setup can certainly move some wood in a short while.

Monday's first job was bid to take up to 3 hours, took 1:45. The second job we started Monday and finished today was bid to take up to 4 hours, took 3. The job we started yesterday, we finished today bid for 12 hours took 10. The job 2 doors down we bid for 4 hours, we'll have it done in 3.

All in all things are quite well, just need more tree work!

ETA:
It's not all sunshine down here however, I did get another WC bill in the mail yesterday :(. On a positive note we've already paid in more than the payroll should be for the year, so this payment and the rest we should get back or get credited end of the year, but they still hold our money till then.

Well, let's see, did 10 more applications, washed the truck bed for the weekend, cleaned more leftover dirt from the previous owner out of the cab of my truck, doing laundry now, and that's it.

Back