How'd it go today?

its easy to piss them off, especially Rico, he actually ended up commenting "amature hour" on one of my YT videos a while back, either it was recommended to him or he looked me up, kinda creepy considering ive been banned going on 2 years or a little over

good thing im a machine, everything will take the gravitational pneumatic speed line, down to me AKA "The Machine"
You don't have a truck or a chipper that all those limbs and pieces will be speed lined closer to? That's what I meant by machines. I fully understrand that another person works the end of a speed line in most cases. I've seen people speed line using their equipment to pull the rope taught, too. But I wasn't referring to that.

Last edited:
You don't have a truck or a chipper that all those limbs and pieces will be speed lined closer to? That's what I meant by machines. I fully understrand that another person works the end of a speed line in most cases.
ohhhh

yeah its all going in the dump trailer, I think I said but theres no chipper/chip truck access, need the pickup with 4lo to get the trailer up the driveway
hopefully it fits in one load, gonna be a day of standing in the trailer with the 500i slashing stuff to fit I think

ohhhh

yeah its all going in the dump trailer, I think I said but theres no chipper/chip truck access, need the pickup with 4lo to get the trailer up the driveway
hopefully it fits in one load, gonna be a day of standing in the trailer with the 500i slashing stuff to fit I think
Around here that's referred to as the 'Mexican Chipper'. Juan with a chainsaw in the dump trailer.

oddball question probably in the wrong page as always

anyone here ever lift a SC292 vermeer? need to get an idea for rigging since the grinder has no lifting points, got a job this week that has very limited access so the grinder is going straight over the house
machine in question is a tailwheel manual steer so almost no weight on the rear wheel (I can lift it off the ground by hand)
1696896078909.png

I would also like to note, much to my surprise I dont own a grinder yet, ive got a buddy that I pay to do stumps for me, im sure eventually I would pay for a grinder but not worth my time IMO

Last edited:
I was looking forward to sleeping in today but a buddy needs me in an hour on a job across town, hopefully he didnt do his normal thing and say 2 hour job when he means 2 days or someone will be mighty unhappy that im leaving at 1pm weather its done or not, id rather be playing with the crane (and not paying him to wait on me to arrive)

So are you just going to leave us hanging? No need to tease. I just hope it isn't too offensive.
So, I'm doing a job and packing a pine tree into a dump trailer, look up and see a whole tree company drive by with a stumper, about an hour later the customer asks me if we grind stumps (for the stump we are leaving)

I say no but go track down the other company that just drove by, he finds them and a few hours later the owner comes by to bid the stump

He sees me packing the trailer and says "all this you, today?" "Yes" "ohh yew need a chibbar! I sell you mine!"

Well about a month later I ended up buying it off a job he was finishing up, he ended up driving to Atlanta that night to buy an 18"

My first crane day in a while

lmi cable was broke when the crane showed up... again
little hemlock, 3 picks, on a paper chart and like 85ft radius, good for 800 pounds but no scale to judge weight with kinda sucks, last pick was a solid 10 seconds of cable up before it finally started to rotate off the stump, didn't lift an outrigger but it was real close, picking off the ground so I didn't mind as much as I would if it was 10ft higher

Went through almost all the cribbing today, didnt think it wss very steep but the crane had to be lifted about 5ft in the rear
20231011_160613.jpg 20231011_142205.jpg 20231011_153446.jpg 20231011_160619.jpg 20231011_160623.jpg

For every five easy setups, you get one bastard. When you use all the cribbing off the support truck, that's usually a not fun day.

For every five easy setups, you get one bastard. When you use all the cribbing off the support truck, that's usually a not fun day.
no support truck today BUT he did have to dig into his short 4x6's and 8x8's that ride on the deck, normally the 2 cribbing cages are enough (I think 25 or 28 blocks in each cage)

but yeah it was 45 minutes of carrying oak 4x6x36 to get set up, jack the truck up, block under the tires, set down, repeat till level
I have a truck bed tool box on the headache rack of my bucket truck, it has a PCW5000 winch and bucket harness, the rest is nothing but wood blocks, I think 16 or 18 of them and ive had setups that use all of them, either to level up more than the outriggers and pads will do (2 outrigger truck, not really supposed to but I do what I gotta) and others where I actually built a bridge so my outrigger wouldnt crush a plant

I have 4x4's in every vehicle, wheel chock, jackstand, cribbing, the uses are limitless and I dont go a day without using them for stuff

better pic, had to wait till I got back to my computer to edit out the company info, already had enough issues because of a crane company and competitors

stump guy for scale
1697073999439.png

well ill shut up lol, this job was the most cribbing ive ever helped lay for anything in the history of ever (and my crane guy wont go over 10 layers, we were at 8

we have lots and lots of steep hills to set up on, I will make sure whatever crane I buy has out and down outriggers, these A frame outriggers suck to crib up because the span goes out as much as it goes down, also no short jacking

Last edited:
I've never seen those clamp/lock-looking things on the pads

Last edited:
I've never seen those clamp/lock-looking things on the pads
those are sliders, allows the operator to push the float (pad) in under the crane for transport rather than un pin and lift up onto the deck or a rack, without that the floats would hang out past the crane about a foot on either side and put you oversize

brilliant design IMO

Back