How'd it go today?

So you'll have horses when we come visiting.
Margot is going to love that.

Each to his own, but while I love riding horses, it comes nowhere near to sex IMO.

Heh sex is a whole different animal. Not even ok the same level as riding a horse. If you're relating sex to riding a horse you're doing it wrong and need a more willing mount. Errr.......:lol:

Take from that what you will.

Riding a horse is great fun Jim. You should have one for yourself. Espescially if your family is riding. My beast the golden nugget is a load of fun. A kick in the ribs while saddling and a whip from a rope keeps him in fine form. Ahhh I can hear the animal lovers protesting already. Lol. I won't ride him wi5hout a rope in case he needs a quick over and under to tune him Up.

IMG_0812.jpg

Pleasure be damned. A horse don't gas about 50-100 pads here or there. Get a stout 1/4 horse and it'll haul you around no problems.

I'd rate a big mule over a horse any day.
They don't breed them here unfortunately.

Seriously. If you got access to mules. That's what you need to haul yourself around. My farrier had a mule that he used as a rope horse and always tells me cool stories about it. He's a big guy too like yourself.

I'm gonna run that golden bugger into the ground tonight. When we get to galloping I lay my heels into him, lean forward and kiss in his ear. Wring every last bit of effort out of him I can. Hell I feed him three times a day. It's the least he can repay.

Good luck Jim!

I had a good run on jobs, so I treated myself to an actual toy. It will help keep the lumber stacks presentable. On sale too at the Stihl dealer! It will be nice something light and quiet I can go trim my Dad's place before notices and yells at me.

20180728_105525.jpg

I rode and worked them back in my Idaho buckarooing days.
Been dreaming about them ever since.

I once asked the old guy I worked for why mules hadn't taken the place of horses.

Them silly ears, he answered.

I road the sh-t out of the golden nugget tonight. Had to give him a shower afterwards. My wife's horse,was being a real b-tch though and I had to tune her up too. Tossed her saddle in the dirt while tied and being tacked, and was a hard catch to halter. I won't abide that. Buggy was good as gold under saddle though. Responsive and really gave some solid effort under gallop. It was a fun ride. 8)

Back