How'd it go today?

"The hours are long, the money will be nice though once it starts rolling in. Easy money turning a wheel and pushing some buttons, I just get bored after awhile though gotta figure something out for that." Squisher

Books on tape.

I went shopping today. I made my first Walmart purchase in two years. I want to hang oversized ornaments in my ash tree in the front yard. I have shopped around and they are all around $9 which seems like too much. So instead I am going to try an art project. I bought 10 rubber bouncy balls at $.93 a piece. I also bought some metallic finish paint. With the glue gun I already own I will attach ribbon or string to them and then paint them. I also bought shiny ribbon to wrap around them. If it works out I'll post picts, if not I will pretend I was too busy and never tried to do it.

Oh, and we bought an Xmas tree today.

I want to hang oversized ornaments in my ash tree in the front yard. If it works out I'll post picts, if not I will pretend I was too busy and never tried to do it.

Here OM, I will quote it so you can't go back and delete it later. :D

Drove two hours in rain and snow and fog to a co-workers Father's funeral home visitation. Never any fun before the holidays.
Stopped and seen some friends and my father in law to offset the bad part.

Squash, I spent about four hours in the snow/rain plowing a parking lot repeatedly today. with a front end loading tractor, color me soaking wet and cold. but its cool, I built a mini mountain range of snow around one co workers car about 2 feet high, then piled a few buckets of snow in front of and behind a few other employees and managers cars. Then I got out to my truck at the end of the day to see that some joker had put a couple tractor buckets of snow in the back, hardee har har. :D
oh, and I had piled a bunch of snow behind my truck about halfway up the tailgate height. I threw it in 4 high and pinned it in reverse, made a big kablooey of snow. raining to beat the band now, supposed to get between 6 and 10 CM rain overnight, temps up to 10C from about 0C now, then another 7 to 15 CM rain tomorrow!! yoicks. good thing I dont have any work planned, beyond a site visit at 0900.

Drove two hours in rain and snow and fog to a co-workers Father's funeral home visitation. Never any fun before the holidays.

I know its weird, but I have been to some of the best parties at funeral homes during wakes for folks who have passed

And then I broke my favorite W. Smith and Sons needle when I was stitching it.:whine:

It's too bad I've got your other needle Leon :P

Worked on the Big Island this weekend, so peaceful and beautiful over there. We worked right at the base of Mauna Kea, which had snow on the summit.

Deadwooded about 20 (ish) Acacia koa's and 10 jacaranda trees and one tiger's claw (Erythrina sp.). Did some root crown excavation and took pics as the people who planted the trees stuck them in 3' (no kidding) below grade, needless to say they didn't look too good when we got there.

jp:D

I know of one tourist that is not having such a good day. :( He was SITTING IN HIS TRUCK when this Royal Poincianna failed. He is okay, no scapes, no scratches, but he could have been killed. This property is one that took the 4-8 foot surge of saltwater 2 years ago, some trees are just beginning to fail.

Got a call this morn 8 am. I do work for a landscraper on his condo's. Town over had an ice storm last night. Bradford paif failed 1/2 in the road 1/2 on the house, white pine uproot, and while I was there had to trim back some trees. 6.5hrs solo. Nice because it wasnt expected.

Got a call this morn 8 am. I do work for a landscraper on his condo's. Town over had an ice storm last night. Bradford pair failed 1/2 in the road 1/2 on the house, white pine uproot, and while I was there had to trim back some trees. 6.5hrs solo. Nice because it wasnt expected.

We got hit today, hurry over with your plow Squish, I am snowed in.

Don't laugh man I had just got home, just pulled in the driveway. Ring, ring, away I went for another hour. Tomorrow even with the warmer weather and no fresh I've got about 15hrs more to do.

I won't lie it's boring as hell.:D

What kind of day is it when your less than a year old chipper's engine seizes?

Anyone?

Ya do have to kind of watch where you're going, ya know when you are constantly plowing within inches of vehicles, curbs, buildings. You can't just be out there forking around ya gotta clear the lot right to the curb/building. It's stressful at times, I almost smoked a idiot today while trying to back into a tight lot. Hmmm flashing four ways, rotating beacon on top, middle of a snowstorm, let's just fly right by? Moron.

Back