How'd it go today?

:beer:

xZjsxHn.gif

They must have some deep pockets if they can afford all that sandstone. I would be increasing the price if they wanted me to be chipping the green waste that the landscapers are creating.

Sure thing Pat, you may have heard the saying "deep pockets, short arms" its a common ailment. Hows Tafe going?

Installed an Engine kill switch on the handle, a pulling handle at the disc end (seems to be easier to pull than push) and a belt and pulley guard underneath. Still need a belt tensioner, the rest of the belt guards, and hand brake(s). Gettin' there slowly.

I thinks its a conspiracy that commercially produced machines don't use belt tensioners, as far as I'm aware none of the manufactures include them on their units.

Sure thing Pat, you may have heard the saying "deep pockets, short arms" its a common ailment. Hows Tafe going?

I thinks its a conspiracy that commercially produced machines don't use belt tensioners, as far as I'm aware none of the manufactures include them on their units.

There is a method to tension the belts, though. On my grinder, the "jack shaft" (IIRC) slides to tighten the lower belt, and the engine slides to tension the upper belts.

My TAFE course is going well. Currently on term break. Only have to resit 1 test due to a few silly mistakes that I made on the last test. Most people have to resit the test as you had to get 19/19. We start the climbing component on the 22nd April. Looking forward to the climbing as I have been doing a few aerial inspections lately. Spent today doing a hazard reduction so I am pretty tired now.

Thanks.

It will fly by I'm sure. This August will have been 1 year with no trees.

Spring does that here every year.
Gets us into thinking winter is over,all is vernal green and all the sunlight deprived depressionists come out of their holes and BAM!.....snow again.

So far this year she hasn't pulled it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Time for a snowfall yet.

Back