How'd it go today?

View cleared a bunch of maple sprouts around 40' tall, on a steep, ivy covered, sandy slope. Sequential. No clean up, no incidents. Somewhat like Indiana Jones. I left the stuff to rope up for, for next time. Then the big dead maples. Homeowner has loosened purse strings. He likes the view.

Quick after job consult. Cash in the pocket. Pruning next month.

Today went decent. Rocked the HH SRT all day. Still spent way to long on spurs. I'm beat. We did do a pretty bad ass rigging removal though so I'm still pretty pumped. Tight quarters, big pieces. We were all in sync today. Not a bit of down time waiting on my ground crew and they never had to wait on me. It was a great day now that I think about it.

Sorry I posted all that raw video before. I've been working on my editing. Stay cool everybody, it's scorching out there today!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0uP1z0F0xXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So my 2 week vacation got cut short after the first weekend.
Got an order for large larch timber, that I'll have to go mark for felling.
While I'm there, I may as well spend the day felling and bucking as many as I can............................................Oh, well!
Once that is done, I'll go back to the hammock and my book, hopefully.
But my wife's eldest son and daughter in law + grandkid is arriving from Schweiz tuesday, no more hammock time for me, I suspect.

I wanna watch that video when I get home. But I have to get my new friend Brutus home. Thank you Stehansen!!!!!!!!!
Vermeer 1250.

Attachments

• tmp_14928-IMG_20150726_14401332340775625.jpg
    tmp_14928-IMG_20150726_14401332340775625.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 35
  • tmp_14928-IMG_20150726_1439497871113127857.jpg
    tmp_14928-IMG_20150726_1439497871113127857.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 35
The 1250 is like 6600 lbs if I remember right. Which engine does yours have? Mine has a 84 hp Perkins I think. Put a new one in a couple years ago. It sits now as a back up machine till we get time to deal with selling it. It's a nice chipper, we just wanted to get newer and more hp. It looks like yours has curbside assist. A feature that can really help out in a lot of scenarios. Happy for you.

Nice video general!!!:thumbup: how's that saddle?

Easy Stephen that's a lot of chipper!!!!
Good for you man.its so nice earning bigger and better equipment!!!!!! Good luck with it.

Nice , Stephen.
Seems like your busines is growing by leaps and bounds lately:)

Thanks Justin.
Stig, just going to try and make some lemonaid since we have so many lemons. (Dead trees). Of course, Stephansen helped me out big time. Hope I am right aboutaking these moves now. Seems right.
Just hoping the phone keeps ringing ;)

Worked in heavy duty heat today, knocked down thirteen Red Pines, all but three were pull trees. Never bothered to change my shirt or the towel around me head. Got home and handed them to my wife and she said, "That isn't sopping with just sweat is it?" I guess she thought that I went swimming in my clothes. :lol:

Back