How'd it go today?

Ha ha ha. Probably shouldn't admit to hearing voices fiddler. I'm betting your dog was happy to see you.

I've been answering calls and returning calls all day,

:lol: yep, Rusty is sticking close to me today.

Nic, thanks again for all the help with the trailers and truck this last couple weeks. i really appreciate it.

888065c6231b7829fd43d0334a1f0aae.jpg
1fc0216ac2f433031ee854b6d95e6126.jpg
0ee7f989a2c4ead2d2684ef4ecf26a69.jpg
f0ebff91c55298ba07073143cae09a0a.jpg
41922328eea329dde6f54890e5df5c96.jpg
b1a8637e387a89f382145954e17b56ca.jpg

Started this large one today. One of the fattest wee done. Got space to drop the trunk in the yard thankfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tornado just went through a town to the east of me, I guess there's a bunch of fires, and stores got ripped apart. No word if anyone is hurt yet

It's lost a couple of limbs, new house owner. Beaut tree full of life... Healthy as anything! But paranoid people have their own minds. He maybe extending the house or something. Not met the new owner yet. Ce la vie

Done some big limbs with the pinto. It's a solid pulley! I was just advancing the rigging slightly higher. Those abr rings from Treestuff are awesome though. frig x man LOL!

Nice tree, nice pics!

I still don't understand that pinto pic, could you splain a bit more? Btw, how heavy a limb would you say you've taken with the pinto?

I'd dig seeing tomorrows pics of the job finishing up!:popcorn:

I think there was a limb behind I took out and just needed the rigging above it, cant really remember alot of work today! I used those rings as they primary riggin point all of the time. Just snapped that pic when i had chance. I use the pinto mainly as a redirect on larger work, but all the time on small trees. Ive negative rigged 8 inch logs onto the pinto and it handled it nicely (In non risk jobs). The rings are serious though, love Treestuff.

Geeze, I did not see that either.

My wife is all pissed at me now. She was hollering and screaming at me to bring my shot gun. So I run out of the house in my underpants with my 20 ga. and she points to a baby raccoon that is trying to get into my shop just now. I have done a lot of shit that I am sorry about over the years, but I dont kill baby animals anymore, not even baby gophers.

She got mad and said I would be sorry when the little bastard grows up and causes trouble, I said I would kill it when that time comes. Not today.

I understand...there's a time and a place. Killing like that is not an on demand item.

I had to kill some rats awhile back that I caught in a live trap...without making a lot of noise. Not so simple sometimes.

Geeze, I did not see that either.

My wife is all pissed at me now. She was hollering and screaming at me to bring my shot gun. So I run out of the house in my underpants with my 20 ga. and she points to a baby raccoon that is trying to get into my shop just now. I have done a lot of shit that I am sorry about over the years, but I dont kill baby animals anymore, not even baby gophers.

She got mad and said I would be sorry when the little bastard grows up and causes trouble, I said I would kill it when that time comes. Not today.

Yes Jim, I've got sentimental in my old age. I hate it when halfway through a tree I come across a pigeons nest. But I'd be homeless if I stopped every job where I found something living in the tree.

I guess the town lost a couple churches, a bunch of stores and a lot of people list their homes. They hadn't given an injury report but another storm came through with more wind. It's not looking good. I'll probably be over there tomorrow donating time and helping out

Looked over some work for a Farmer friend today. 4-wheeling through his place spotting dead Ash, then looked at a row of Cedar that need trimmed for tractor access to his cabin by a fish pond.

Got to learn about how he rotates his cows through the pastures so they are getting the most nutrients while grazing...pretty interesting stuff with a fare amount of plant biology mixed in. He was comparing how he ran to some friends of his in different parts of Montana.

He just got a large section of his farm certified as a bird sanctuary, and is changing some of the percentages of tree species on the property as well as adding some to create a better habitat...turned out to be a pretty educational day for me.

Spent the afternoon with my dad and my almost 3 year old son truck shopping. I'm pretty set on an extended cab and 8ft bed, which is hard to find used, especially under 8k. Found an 04 F250 today, 5.4 gas, power everything, tow package, very very little rust, body and interior are in great shape, drives straight, no leaks, mileage is a little high at 186k. I think she will be mine

This pretty sums up my MacShitty last couple days. ......
1991 Ford caught marking its territory... Mind you while we were yarding out the Dingo from a back yard where it's engine failed yesterday :(

Attachments

• Driveway.jpg
    Driveway.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 53
Back