How'd it go today?

Saw cleaning day today...150, 260, 461, 101 and two chains sharp for each one.
Sunday afternoon after church, cricket on the radio, sun shining, got a sawhorse table set up outside. Nice

Took the opportunity to drill a hole in the 260 muffler...always been a bit of a slow dog, it sure sounds better now!

Saw cleaning day today...150, 260, 461, 101 and two chains sharp for each one.
Sunday afternoon after church, cricket on the radio, sun shining, got a sawhorse table set up outside. Nice

Took the opportunity to drill a hole in the 260 muffler...always been a bit of a slow dog, it sure sounds better now!

Tried that with my 271, still a sluggish pig.

New bridge on the cougar, put a Buckingham large webbing bridge, dialed it in, then gave the little girl a turn, she wanted to go higher, so I set her up.

gab.jpg

Went to a funeral today.
My neighbour, the one with the awesome logging truck...died in his sleep last Wednesday. Only 60. He and my husband had traded war stories about heart troubles.
Robert Langridge, awww boy, I can hear someone blowing the horn on his truck right now, must be leaving the wake at the sport's ground...His truck was parked at the cemetery right next to the grave. He won so many awards for that truck too and would be out almost every Sunday cleaning and polishing it.
Gone too soon, only a couple months ago he took me for a ride to a logging site and the mill. Only last week he was around to see if we had a cement mixer, he and my hubby traded tools and advice when needed.
We'll miss him.

Attachments

• P9030641.jpg
    P9030641.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 54
Sad to hear...anybody with a truck like that had to be a character. I remember you telling us about him taking you to the logging area.

I haven't climbed trees for about a month. Slow winter which is just fine. Then yesterday I was a large part of 6 large white oak removals. Felt good to be out but damn I'm tired.

I took three months off...climbed on last Friday and taking this week off again.

Should be leaving this Friday to do stumps for a week or so if my teeth are all done. Should be enough snow gone to start back up there after this warm weather the last week.

Took down a couple of 75' pines and felt like I was chasing my tail all afternoon. Ropes were tangling and hanging up on any and everything. It felt like I was in a battle and was glad to get me and the trees on the ground. I know nobody else has those kind of days.

I haven't climbed trees for about a month. Slow winter which is just fine. Then yesterday I was a large part of 6 large white oak removals. Felt good to be out but damn I'm tired.

Yup. No amount of gym work will make the first day back to tree work a breeze. The gym helps but I anyway am usually wrecked after a hard day of tree work after a layoff.

I know nobody else has those kind of days.

Noooooo, no, no, never had one of those days, must be awful!:lol:

Back