How'd it go today?

this was supposed to be 5 acres (the whole area) , never to be developed, 30 years later; change of mayor and hey, whaddya know, rape and pillage!

You folks are awsome thanks al for the link on the ID help ill save it to my favorites.

Durn bodean you cut alot of trees bro.

Heres todays fruit bearing trees I worked on. I worked underground all day.
Needed a air spade but made do with my hands.

If you don't mind tellin, what did you charge for all that fine hand diggin?

Never dunn any hand diggin before, I was just seeings whats odder guys and gals might be a chargin.

Got to work at an interesting place today, Ultimate Motor Works in Longwood, FL. They are a Lamnborghini, Bentley and Rolls Royce dealership. People from all over the world send their exotic cars here for repairs. I got to spend about an hour browsing around and getting the lowdown on several very exotic cars. Lots of go-fast, but my favorite was a 1938 RR convertible that was restored to factory showroom condition. Every handle, knob, hinge, piece of chrome and glass was perfect. It was the only one of that model ever built (don't remember the model name).
Also saw a 1965 Lambo that was the 7th one ever built. It's not for sale but people around the world know it's there and make offers on it regularly. The owner turned down a $1M offer last month.
:O

edit to add: Google is my friend! Here's pics of the 1938 Rolls!
http://ultimate-motor-works.ebizautos.com/detail.aspx?iid=756754

Pulling out for Birmingham some time in the A.M. tommorrow .Pack the Caddy in the morning,3 saws ,several hundred feet of ropes etc.etc.I borrowed a set of climbers from Tom as mine need new pads and straps.I figured I better see if I can still climb so I stomped a 25 foot spar in the woods.Not too bad for an old fart that has not had a set of hooks on for 20 years.

I've never hooked a tree in my life and was surprised to find they are easier than poles or maybe I have forgotten.How some ever,if I can do the job without climbing,that is what it shall be.Most likely a day to take down the 2 trees then the rest vacation.:)

I've been so busy with kids and other stuff... I haven't had time to do any tree work lately. But I think that is gonna change since I just got a call yesterday to take out a few Hemlocks.

Gary

I WAS extracting scrub off a development site to a burn area untill a hydrulic hose went :( Early start tomorrow to catch up now !

My wife is sick. I had to vote, go to the store and play diesel mechanic before getting started today(changing caps and o-rings on leaking fuel injectors). Clogged up the chute in the not quite last bit of plum chipping. Wound up finishing in the dark. Blech!

Rained here so I caught up on some laundry.

Now I am working on my air compressor. I have a nicer 25' hose that had to have the ends replaced, so I am setting it up to have a quick connect off of the compressor, and the hose.

I got a black eye from the chipper.

Actually more from the pine cone on the end of the limb that gave me a
right cross to the left eye.

I had a viscious headache for about an hour afterwards.

Other than that I sat in the loader for most of the day.

Easy peasy.

Back