How'd it go today?

I'm a hard worker and fairly capable in some things, and always interested in getting better. It blows my mind that more people than you might think don't appreciate it because I expect what I consider a fair wage. You guys are cool in recognizing the benefits of capable, it seems like half the world is blind.

That's the best, Squish.

Tell me one thing he taught you, anything. I'd dig learning it too.

That's the best, Squish.

Tell me one thing he taught you, anything. I'd dig learning it too.

First thing that pops to mind is reminding me to go big or go home. Lol.

Not so much techniques he's teaching me as the benefit of seeing how someone else may go about a job in a different way. He brings ideas, ability, and experience. I wish he was sticking around longer.

Yeah, that is all good. Always good to have a skilled person to bounce ideas off of, makes things better all around. Its a pita to be the only one who knows whats going on.

Stephen, I recommend some Tabis (ninja shoes) for a job like that. Great grip, no slide, and snug on your feet, with or without spikes. Easy on your dogs. More comfortable without spikes if you don't need them, the soles being softer and more pliable.

Erosion is better than wildfire. Laws don't pay so much attention to slope. Slopes build fires' momentum.

Is that "decomposing granite" soil?

If it's an eroding slope, why is the stuff being removed?

We leave the root structure to hold the slope until the grasses come in.

Erosion is better than wildfire. Laws don't pay so much attention to slope. Slopes build fires' momentum.

Is that "decomposing granite" soil?

Red Clay mixed with the decomposed granite Sean. There is also some loose slate shelving as well.....You are correct about the wild fire. Just a dragging chain can cause the grass on the road edge to catch and then the brush to the trees. Fire runs great up hill.

Jay, I wear an eight. Ninja eh? :/:
Kinda like the sound of that :D
Be happy to send some money your way for them ... Let me know what they run plus shipping .... LOL... No caulks needed

Ha Steven, you gotta get a 150t to go with your Ninjas.

Yesterday started with the 461 and a big grapple loader to get a windblown macrocarpa on the ground...then up the 40' laurel 'hedge' with the 150t, then finished off the day tip pruning a Camelia from the ground with the Fiskars pruner with my client directing each cut.
All on the same property, I love working there, talk about variety!

Wow. Sorry, Justin.

Thanks Sean. Kinda shook me up a bit, my friend passed a number of years back and I'll admit I've always been curious as to the actual details. End result is the same though. Sounds like he got launched bigtime when some bound timber he had cleared into got jostled.

Shitty day. Dealt with a pita customer. Ive been working there for years, every time i get aggrivated. Today was the day. I am going to fire her. I wont be back, ever.

Second job popped tire on chipper. Ran out got tools. Got new tire.

Dropped super splitter off pallet forks. Not used to ditch witch controls yet.

Woops.

Went and dealt with some brush for a crane to sit in a small wooded spot next week. Going to be clearing out some Oaks over the road and electrics. Been working with a guy lately that seems kind of moody. Had to keep coming up with jokes just to sustain the atmosphere for myself, makes for an early tired. Maybe he will give a key to his puzzle if I keep working with him. Went back to the shop and chased some mice. I dunno....

Yeah, getting launched high leading has happened plenty afaik, and it is awful to think about.

Yeah, B, fire that fool. Let em go see what the rest of the world has to offer them for tree work quality. Then they'll probably come sniffing back.

Back