How'd it go today?

Today I am my daughters hero...
The pool filter had a cracked fitting and the pool had been on the stand down.
I found a distributor of the parts on line and ordered the parts I would need for the fix.
Parts came Friday and I replaced them today also adding the necessary chlorine and acid to balance and clean the water.
So everything was ready to go for an evening swim.
So tonight, Lilly and cleaned the willow leaves off the pool bottom catching the so called "fish" off the bottom... She was in heaven and giggles galore! :)
This is what weekends are all about...
Never did get to the front deck :lol:

Dropped off equipment at jobsite and dropped chip truck at shop.

Zip lined most of a Red Pine over a building. Didn't like the look of (or hollow sound I got tapping with my hand saw) main lead up top, so changed plan. Will take one more large lead off tomorrow and drop the rest back into the woods.

Got rained out early but nice weather coming the rest of the week.

garage called...reservoir tank for brake fluid is cracked. New one on its way.

Finished grading out this hill and the little one lane through the woods today. Probably 65 loads of fill. . .

DSC04049.JPG

DSC04048.JPG

DSC04050.JPG

DSC04046.JPG

dozer.jpg

I also gave a quote on removing this menacing limb from over the neighbors house/garage plus some other deadwooding. Looks like I'll get the job, only problem is she lives almost three hours away. . . :/:

image (4).jpeg

I avoid excessive clearance myself. Especially if it creates a signifigant wound. Just opens a larger runway for upper crown failures imo, and is not gonna make a lick of difference on the amount of leaves in the gutter.

I avoid excessive clearance myself. Especially if it creates a signifigant wound. Just opens a larger runway for upper crown failures imo, and is not gonna make a lick of difference on the amount of leaves in the gutter.

This is kind of how I feel too. The clients goal is weight reduction in front of cable installation. The neighbor wanted the whole lead removed, and I said if that was the case may as well take out the whole tree. . . I don't really even want to drill it for cables. I'm gonna try and get her to let me take out a little weight, and maybe put in one of the dynamic systems and call it good. She has some good size dead wood that needs attention as well.

image (5).jpeg

I would imagine the tire swing is the culprit :/:

Knocked out the rest of our Red Pine today. 14 1/2 hours invested by the two of us...been a while since I spent that much time on one tree;very glad that one is done.

Wrecked a tree for harlan again this morning. I think he keeps having me in because he doesn't know how to tie knots. Its all town work so if his knots fail somethings getting smashed. Lol

Looked at this splitting hickory on the way home. Gave her double my rate and she went for it to get it on the ground. Oh man i didnt really wanna do it :lol: its a top a hill, back lead i can smash. Thinking front i can speed line.

Crane job tomorrow. Two tiny pines, bad spot. Went high on this one too and they gave it to me. Bought another sena for the crane op, should be cool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 49
Today I decided since its been about 20 years since I last did it I should go ahead and run the saw into my flesh.:/: No idea really why I did it, one handing my 20, cutting close to my leg, not paying attention. Chain caught a piece of ivy which flipped it a bit and caught my favorite arborwear ascent pants , ate the pants up pretty good and I got 3 tooth gouges out of my shin. Largest was about 1/4" deep. Finished job then went home and super glued myself up, pants may not be as easy to fix.
Kinda worried how its going to feel wearing spikes for the rest of the week

PC-Keep it clean, heal up quick. Glad it wasn't worse.

I had to tend a bad cut for a month this year, not much fun, daily superglue, cleaning, isopropyl soakings.

Back