How'd it go today?

I had this brilliant plan. I was going to do bids this AM. put new running gear on a saw, drive forty miles to Beulah to clear fallen trees off a private road, bounce into Pueblo to bid a job and probably just do it then slide on home. Flash floods wiped out whole sections of North Creek road last night and removed the Hwy 78 St Charles river bridge between Beulah and Pueblo.....so I almost got knocked off a switchback near the top of the pass by an idiot Dumptruck driver careening back for another load of fill for the washouts. I hung half a tire width on nothing and he missed me by somewhat less than 4 inches. I got through all the washouts to my clearing work and then had to backtrack BACK over the mountains since the HWY was closed. I got things taken care of but put 150 miles on the truck and got home at 8:45 P.M.

Whew,hotter than the dickens out,92 degrees humidity around 60 percent.

I tried splitting a bit today,with a 30 ton splitter,can't take it.I don't know how you folks in the south stand it,damn.:whine:

I thought I was gonna have the day off, then I got a emergency call from the zoo. A big limb over the panther's cage had broken and was hung up. It wasn't too hard to remedy. Man, it felt weird having that panther eyeball me from three feet away. I think he thought I was breakfast.

I know Mr. Mc Tree wanted to see a pic of the 361 in action.:) Small chunk I know but I was leaving the wood of this tree as firewood so until it got fairly big I took firewood sized chunks off the standing spar.

Ahhh I was wondering what the heck you meant :|: . No it's levers, works fine for me as long as I grab the right one!:D

Nice pic, and i'm glad you like the saw.

All you gotta do now is take the silly front handle off, or it will look like one of Garys (or one of those other odd PNW types) :P

:lol:

After moving the house hold and scheduled 3 dead pinesfor tomm, I am taking the day off and drinking a few beers. Later i may go and pick some flowers for my wife from the field in the back yard and maybe clean my saws in 96 degree weather then run a few miles thats the plan, maybe get some corn and bait the deer, seen a coyette stalking a neighborhood cat yesterday evening and saw a monster red-tail hawk hovering, thought of baiting him with a mouse on a string but the string would possibly foul him as he flew off .

Removed 8 Beech tree's and 2 Ash tree's today. No bucket access.

Did I say it was HOT today???

'twas hot as hell though the wind blew strong, there's some dust in the air they said was coming over from Africa.

Can't help but to think there's some icky viral crystals in that shit. Like Ebola or something, or flesh-eating shit.

Oh well, had lot's of help.

Piffffft, sizz, lean back and drain the sucker....gots some sweat to replace.

It may be hot, but after working in an overly air-conditioned office all day, I am so glad to walk outside for the drive home. Most of the time, I roll the wondows down and don't even turn on the a/c.

I just saw the Space Shuttle launch a couple minutes ago. It looked like a textbook launch from here. 50 miles away so I don't hear it, but it's easy to see until the first stage completes and the external tanks are jettisoned.
:)

I did 3 bids and for the first time trimmed a couple of washingtonia palms using the method of putting the rope over the top. Worked OK except you are cutting within a few inches of your rope once in a while and you are forever cutting close to your body.

I cleaned up a Willow ant pruned an oak 2 jobs.
Yeaterday my wife brought home a french bull dog. He is 2 and snorts and spits. The thing looks like an uggly pig. Nice dog.

howd your oak removal go today butch?
just a small deodar cedar removal here, bid a few jobs, sat at dmv this am for heavy fixed liscence plates on the chipper. got pulled over yesterday since we hadnt got them yet:dur:

Back