How long do you think these would last ?

• Thread starter ClimbingFool
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 4K
been wearing vibram fiver fingers for a few years now. They are great for a few things like trail running on a well established trail but would never wear them for work climbing. wore them for some REC climbing but thats about it. they will last me about 6 months of heavy use.

I wear Whites Smokejumpers for work, estimates, yard work, hunting, etc. Truth he told, I wear my smokejumpers sun up to sun down about 7 days a week. I have some sneakers for running/exercise/social functions, and a few pairs of dress shoes for those occasions, but my smokejumpers are my number one footwear.

How long do you think these would last?

... just long enough to walk to my steel toe work boots. :D
IMO, steel toe boots are much more than just protection. Have always used steel toes for all work - great for setting a plywood panel on for lifting or supporting a heavy round off the ground for a through-cut, etc., etc. They are a very useful tool to: prop, wedge, chock, support, kick heavy stuff that would kill a regular boot and it's contents.

How long do you think these would last?

... just long enough to walk to my steel toe work boots. :D
IMO, steel toe boots are much more than just protection. Have always used steel toes for all work - great for setting a plywood panel on for lifting or supporting a heavy round off the ground for a through-cut, etc., etc. They are a very useful tool to: prop, wedge, chock, support, kick heavy stuff that would kill a regular boot and it's contents.

Exactly

I just remembered that I have this picture.
Richard used them for our last Sequoia climb:

P1000658.JPG

Do you have a picture of aquasocks?

Do you have a picture of aquasocks?

here is what I live and play in when not in work boots or basketball shoes. $9 at dunham discount sports. probably go through 6 or 7 a year.

Attachments

• aquasock.jpg
    aquasock.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 2
its the same for your foot strength as the ones with toes, but I cant wear those ones with the toes because I like to wear socks. my feet get cold otherwise and I like my ankles covered. The toes do not allow you to wear practical socks. I have done a few handsaw pruning jobs with these and rec climbs as well. tight crotches are annoying but its very nice to have light feet. They are awesome for running and hiking, not so great for basketball or soccer. On one pair I sewed the sole onto the uppers and it greatly increased the lifespan. it was kind of ugly though and it was quite time consuming. easier to throw another 10 bucks down for another pair.

Back