Hey Joggers!

we went to watch an international cross country event in town. the kenyans were super tiny, i reckon their legs were the same size as my arms........

Jamie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice Nate. :beerchug:
we went to watch an international cross country event in town. the kenyans were super tiny, i reckon their legs were the same size as my arms........

Jamie

During the NCAA's Steeple chase,
I noticed an amazing amount of Kenyans in my heat.

Apparently in the year before the Olympics, alot of Kenyans come to
american colleges to run time trials for Olympic qualifiers.

I didn't win that one.

My knees are just fine, but the toes on my crushed foot sure do cause me some grief. I'm thinking maybe a stairmaster gizmo might work better for me.

Are they banging into the front of your shoe? What about putting the T mill on an incline up? Maybe that'd be the same effect as a S master.

No, it's permanent nerve damage. My shoes fit just fine. I just run through the pain - it's all in my head.

Is walking on a treadmill the same workout as walking outside? I just wonder if when you get outside and walk it just feels different and maybe even harder since you're not in the controlled setting anymore.

Ran for an hour today down the wharf to the ferry building, Close to 7 miles with google maps.
I've been running every other day now for close to a year or more.
I've got a few routes all about 7-8 miles.
I quit smoking about 5 months ago.

Running and stretching.
I'm running like crazy, getting ready for the dipsea run.
Classic hundred year race from Mill Valley to Stinson.
http://www.dipsea.org/course.html

Love running, some people are crack babies, I was a running baby.

Amazing how running gives me way more stamina on hard days climbing.

That's awesome.

Getting a good workout one day, makes me full of energy the following day. I can't run these days but mountain biking fills the void.

coool...Deva. No run here......just rode meh mtn bike though, same buzz

Deva, one of the world's best runners is in your backyard- Dean Karnazes. His book, "Ultra Marathon Man," is very good.

Brendon, why can't you run these days?

You mean you are a BF runner? BF rocks.

Deva, one of the world's best runners is in your backyard- Dean Karnazes. His book, "Ultra Marathon Man," is very good.

Brendon, why can't you run these days?

I know Kawika Spaulding, he's a bad boy long ultra marathoner, ran transamerica,
huntington beach, CA to NYC in 61 days, 48 miles a day straight. My dad was his trainer.
Drove alongside him at 3 mph the whole way, I had hitch hiked to Huntington to see them off.
Crazy people, they invited me to come but I declined.

I would never want to do that, I'd break physically.
But............he ran the western states 100 miler, broke his big toe, running it barefoot.
He came in 5th place, and finished with a hefty bag with the first 4 finishers shit, TP and powerbar garbage inside.
He's a nut.

Thanks Guys, I'm stoked on running,
especially since it's rain season and not as apt to ride the KTM.

You are saying he still finished with a broken big toe?? And he picked up garb along the way? Thats insane.

Your father trained him; dad's a big runner, or was?

Last I ran was for the southern Illinois River to River relay in 2006. Didn't really run before that, except for high school gym class, and a bit in the mid 90's.

80 miles/ 8 runners per team/ three sections per runner/ ~3.3 miles legs. Hilly between the Ohio and Illinois Rivers bounding the lower part of the state (not like flat cornland Illinois).

Started training for it two weeks before. Was building up my mileage/ stamina. Was planning for Friday before the Sunday race day to be my biggest training day, with a day to rest before the race. On the Thursday before, after getting back from my training run, I found out that the race was actually Saturday, so I'd just finished training.

I was a bit intimidated, as there were some serious runners on the team, I thought. My friend did the worst section with 1.25 miles of continuous climbing to a hill top, to drop down on the other side. A woman was an ultra-marathoner, so I thought she would be the powerhouse, but turned out to be not very good at continuous running, a lot of walking.

I pulled out some stops, not all of them. Did pretty well, in that we finished under the time limit for the race.

Since then, I've run out to the car, run out to the barn, run out to the store (by car). I think that my knees are happier that way.

I couldn't find Kawika in the Western States finishers, maybe if was a different ultra?

Back