Help a brother out, win a damn nice saw.

mastermind7864

Treehouser
One of Arboristsite's most well liked members John King AKA T-Bone75 got real sick a little while back, ended up in the hospital with what he and his doctors thought was pneumonia, his condition deteriorated rapidly, and before too long he was in a medically induced coma on life support.

He had an infection in his blood that nearly killed him. He is now on the mend, but ended up in a bad way financially.

I was asked by some of John's friends if I could help raise some money for him. My idea was to get a couple of new saws, modify them, and then raffle them off. Well it seems that using the work raffle is taboo, so we are calling this a donation event.

The first saw was a J'Red 2253 that I ported.......that event has ended already. We raised several thousand dollars, a name was drawn by a computer generated program, and now that saw is in the new owner's hands.

With the trouble AS had with the hack, I can't find the thread from when John first got sick.......if you guys need me to find that, I'll look further. I can tell you this though, John didn't ask, nor did he want any help, his friends are the guys that got this rolling. He needed some help though, that is a fact.

These links go to a couple of threads on AS....

Here is the Donation Thread

And here is the Build Thread

Here's a chance to help John out, and win a damn nice saw.....

Here's The Donation Link Via WePay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know Butch, and that sucks. I've posted this on The Firewood Hoarder's Club, and on SawHawgz.

Someday, maybe we can straighten D out. :D

So, can we enter multiple times for multiple chances at winning? I can donate more, I just gotta get paid...

Each $10.00 gets one chance. I'm in for five chances already......and will be down for more before it ends.

I want you guys to see my build thread though.......I spent a bunch of time on it. You can see the thread as a guest, right?

Last time I posted at AS was Feb 19, 2010 and it was for a member who was taking his wife to the Mayo Clinic for serious problems with her health!!
Felt weird signing in there, but it was for a good cause and tree folks do step up for one another in need... nice saw, wouldn't mind winning it ;)

Here's a video of the Modded MS461 we are giving away.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nYrqnKwneQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That saw looks small for some reason.

Here is another ported 461 that looks like somebody did a good job on. With an 8 pin sprocket.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B89YDfyp84k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All these views and only two entering? I guess everyone's donating to the Philippines, which ain't so bad.

I've said this before, and someday I'll probably regret it, but if someone overseas wins I will get the shipping covered.

Randy, could you please post the exact link where you participate. I'm sure it is entirely clear, but :|:

Thanks.

Back