Helmet comms

y4y5yzu9.jpg

Headsets from Paul came in, can't wait to install and give these bad boys a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't totally kept up on this thread even though I'm very interested in comms.:|::|: We've been using walkie talkies for a long time, they aren't bad but don't excel in high noise environment nor are they hands free. The Sena system seems great, but I was wondering about the reservations Paul had earlier re radio waves/radiation exposure to the dome. Is it a grin and bear it proposition? Or perhaps more experience or info has been collected and has thrown cold water on those concerns.

And can they be mounted on Petzl vent or vertex?

Dude, totally worth it. Friday and Saturday I was talking to Dad via phone. With the Bluetooth and Sena headsets I could talk and work. I was running the Gehl, running a grapple truck, raking, working near chainsaws and never had a problem. Being able to listen to music is priceless, makes the day a lot more enjoyable.

Saws, the sound of diesel engines, and deep breathing are my music;)

Thats what you learn on the internet, that there are as many ways to do a tree job as there are tree guys. I love music but would never want to listen to it while working.

I turn it on for boring tasks mainly, raking, running the loader moving or loading material, clean up, or when pruning a tree also. Have it turned off the rest of the time.

Cory I don't have any further insight into the radio waves deal. At this point Im so completely addicted to them I could never give them up even if it was proved they were bad. I could never not use these again.

SO far, I have no extra grey hairs or have lost any hair to my knowledge. I have not developed any head aches or new ticks...
No new ringing in my ears......
Still piss yellow and not green...

Now occasionally, I hear Japanese in my jaw... Is that normal?

Ha, possibly whatever issues might be caused by radio waves are counteracted by the lowered stress of higher efficiency and better flow.

Unless all your're doing is pruning little ornamentals, the Senas are worth every penny two, three, four times over. I'm not a miser, but do watch my pennies. Get 'em. Worlds away from walkie talkies. I just found my walkie talkies the other day. I remember the last job we really used them on. Way, way better than shouting, way, way, way, way worse than the Senas.

My life is so awesome it needs a constant soundtrack.* 3 hour Buenos Aires Deep House mix sets, interspersed with wall of sound shoegaze, Jo Rogan Podcast and BBC radio 4.

In no way dismissing Pauls excellent Sena conversions, I have a £25 cheap bluetooth inetercom set that works superbly for calls and tunes.

*edit: maybe its the constant epic tunes that make it seem awesome...

You are into joe rogan, are you into UFC?

Just a bump how is everybody liking the comm units? I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on a helmet or two.

They seem pretty durable but Im noticing after about 2 years of tree work they seem to develop some static which can become annoying. That being said I wouldn't ever not have them again.

Agree. I have one unit that looses connection. As in he can hear me but i cant hear him. A little jiggle and static in and out but it comes back.

Two whole seasons. Rain, snow, moisture, dust.

Bomber.

I sprayed some contact cleaner on the unit where it attaches to the helmet mount. That cleared up most of the static and issues it was having.

Back