Have a good Fourth of July!

Easiest is of course the ground-zero-light-a-match method, other way is break-glass-of-light-bulb-plug-in-extension-cord method.

Happy independence y'all
682f4dd90796a380d3d21f9f8e0279cc.jpg

Easiest is of course the ground-zero-light-a-match method, other way is break-glass-of-light-bulb-plug-in-extension-cord method.

That is creative, the light bulb thing.

The ground zero method, if the bang will be shaking windows a block away, seems like, idk, sketchy...:/:

electric igniters from many things (stoves, furnaces, etc.) would work I suspect.

You can light a toy rocket from a battery yes?

Maine man dies after trying to light firework on his head

A Maine man died during a Fourth of July celebration on Saturday night when he tried to launch a firework from the top of his head and it exploded, killing him instantly, police said Sunday.
Devon Staples, 22, of Calais, Maine, was drinking and celebrating the holiday in a friend's backyard when he placed the fireworks mortar tube on his head around 10 p.m., said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety.

McCausland said it was unclear whether the firework was already lit, or whether Staples lit it once it was on his head.

He was killed instantly when it exploded, McCausland said.

The tube Staples was using was a reusable mortar shell but said McCausland said investigators did not know what type of firework he was attempting to shoot.

Maine has allowed the sale of fireworks since lawmakers repealed a 60-year-old ban on them in 2011.

Calais is in the eastern part of the state near the Canadian border.

Independence. More people should try it!
“Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom” - Albert Einstein

In the spirit of the festivities, let me offer a sincere congratulation on behalf of all the slaves in the rest of the world.

Once it has all blown over, maybe you'll tell me exactly what it is you are so independent of?

there's only 3 things to do in Calais, and head launching fireworks is one of em

Sorry, Jimster.
I'm just back from 2 days of rec climbing, camping and sitting around the fire and drinking malt Whisky ( There is just something about a fire, good company and scotch whisky)

Probably still have a bit to high alcohol level in my blood to make sensible posts.

My thought was, half your cities have names copied from European ones, so does half your birds.
So you are not entirely free of us:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep Stig, Montana has some doozies. Belgrade, Inverness, Glasgow,.........ect. Cut Bank, well, maybe not Cut Bank.

I still dont understand why they dont like Guy Fawkes. I dont mention the queen anymore. I try to remember her birthday.

Buuuut, I couldn't give two shits about no queen. A lot of my countrymen disagree with me though.

Single Malt Stig? What do you get drunk on first to dull the horror of the Scotch? A nice blend? Thunderbird?;)

What are the other two things Cory?:?

Thunderbird would be a nice choice, but sadly, it is unavailable here.
So I used a nice chilled Chblis ( Of the French variety, not an American copy product) to dull my tastebuds before diving into the Talisker.

You know how I feel about royalty, so I can only offer a heartfelt congratulation that you got rid of the Queen.

My post was an answer to Ray's "Independence, more people should try it" post.
That was, to me at least, like saying the rest of us are slaves. And IMO a bit of an asshole post.

I wasn't in any way trying to piss on your independence day.
I have celebrated that every time I've been in the US on the day.

My best 4th of July was in 1981, working at a Hummingbird study project up in the Trinity Alps in Northern California.
On the 4th, we climbed a peak, so we could sit and look down on the fireworks in either Red Bluff or Redding ( memory is a bit rusty after 35 years).
I had dragged a bottle of good rum all the way up on that mountain, so we toasted the American independence in that and staggered down to our sleeping bags.
I know bourbon would have been a better choice, but one makes do with what is at hand.

I relish the oppportunity to holler back, Jim.
Honestly, if my situation right now wasn't so preventive to travel, I'd come visit you.
Just for the sheer pleasure of hollering at you in person.
With 10000 acres, a person should be able to find a good hollering spot:D

Hope all readers know that "ground zero" lighting of improvised fireworks (explosives) is a pretty sure bet to get you one of FFZ's brethren picking up some or all of your parts.

I thought you Americans were supposed to rival the gays when it came to pride!:D

Where's the big whoops for the 4th of July?

Hope y'all are having a great holiday!

Back