Hang over?

RopeArmour

TreeHouser
Curious if anyone else experiences headaches, nausea or whatever after a long day in the trees on the following day?
I guess it's adrenaline overload and the associated. H20 deficit
, low salts, sugar, maybe mental fatigue from hours of focus.
Anybody with anything to add
, share or recommend?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Friday for example I was 5 hrs up down all around tall oaks de sprouting and reducing/big sweat and finished 4 liters mb it wasn't enough. Suspension trauma? A Lot of hanging can be bad.

Water isn't enough. You need an electrolyte replacement, and I'm not talking about Gatoraid. I use a generic version, Parent's Choice, about a buck cheaper than the brand name stuff. When it's really hot, I'll drink a liter before leaving the house, and I'll have another liter in my cooler. It's a $7 a day habit, but it keeps me from cramping up 'n shit

Not the most healthful advice I'm sure, but I always eat a ton of really salty foods in the summer. But some days, even after finishing my one gallon water container I'm still dehydrated or something because of what Butch said. Recharge from Knudson's is the stuff to get, but it's waaay too expensive, so I don't. I don't even by Gatorade for the same reason.

Some sea salt in a glass of water as soon as u wake up will help as well. The gas stations here sell this mio? stuff that u squirt in your water as an electrolyte additive and it tastes pretty good

Water isn't enough. You need an electrolyte replacement, and I'm not talking about Gatoraid. I use a generic version, Parent's Choice, about a buck cheaper than the brand name stuff. When it's really hot, I'll drink a liter before leaving the house, and I'll have another liter in my cooler. It's a $7 a day habit, but it keeps me from cramping up 'n shit

Excellent advice. I did exactly this when I was working in the Australian summer.

Walmart brand--parents' choice. Probably Parents' Choice brand of pedialyte, no?

It doesn't matter how liquid goes into your body, its how much comes out. Clear and copious is the goal. Coffee- induced clear and copious doesn't count.

At Parris Island we were forced to eat salt packets each day. I would recommend other options......

You can make your own rehydration drinks with lemon juice and salt, probably not quite as effective as the rehydration packs but a lot cheaper.

I use water and electrolyte replacement pills and on occasion I buy gatorade in powder and mix up a gallon before long hot days.

I get whooped. I don't eat all day like a jackass, and sometimes forget to drink. Go go go I can't stop. I'd enjoy work if I could relax but nooooooo.

I was considering starting a thread discussing nutritious easy daily food options.

You've got to work hard to OD in water. I know it can happen, but I really dont think its easy to do by accident.

Hyponutremia, I think it's called, where you over dilute your electrolytes. Happens at the grand canyon to hikers, sweating like hell, drinking tons of water, not eating enough. People usually pay fluids to someone not feeling well, exacerbating the situation.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back